Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, to make a long story short, my last kindle was not as perfect as I had thought it was- the amount of sunlight I had previously tested in it was not as bright; I took it outside yesterday and found sun fade all over the place.

Poor me.

I called amazon, they sent me another. Thankfully today it was 85 degrees and very sunny out- the replacement has no sun fade!

But...

The contrast between the letters and the background is VERY noticeable, a big difference from the previous one. Damn it! I wouldn't complain so much save for that my eyesight isn't the greatest.

I've been through so many kindles I've lost count.... should I call up amazon AGAIN and ask for a replacement?

EDIT: Called Amazon, replacement on the way.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Anarel said:
Alright, to make a long story short, my last kindle was not as perfect as I had thought it was- the amount of sunlight I had previously tested in it was not as bright; I took it outside yesterday and found sun fade all over the place.

Poor me.

I called amazon, they sent me another. thankfully today it was 80 degress and very sunny out- the replacement has no sun fade!

But...

The contrast between the letters and the background is noticeable, a big different from my last one. Damn it! I wouldn't complain so much save for that my eyesight isn't the greatest.

I've been through so many kindles I've lost count.... should I call up amazon again and ask for a replacement?
Do you have the enhanced fonts installed? I also have poor eyesight and my 5th Kindle does not have the sunfade problem but the screen is a little darker than the others. With a dark skin and Ted's font enhancements, I do not notice it anymore. If you don't want a skin, you might consider the Tuff-Luv cover in black. I've thought about getting it because it surrounds the Kindle with the black leather.

If it were I, and there was no sun-fading, I would not send it back because the screen is darker and try the other 'fixes' I mentioned above.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would definitely try the font hack first, and then proceed from there. I'm sure Amazon will replace it no problem for you, but it may not be worth the trouble if the font hack works for you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If it were me, I'd send for a replacement. But then again, I haven't had to replace mine from the first one.

on an off note, I had a dream that I bought the DX and as I went to read in the sunlight, all the text completely disappeared. I need to stop obsessing over these threads, apparently. lol

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yeah, play around with the fonts and then see about calling Amazon CS.  :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I used georgia 2 fonts on both of the kindles just to compare; it did make a difference but the background is still deep grey...

I think I'm calling amazon again. >_<

Ugh, I'm like best friends with the UPS guy.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Anarel said:
Yeah, I used georgia 2 fonts on both of the kindles just to compare; it did make a difference but the background is still deep grey...

I think I'm calling amazon again. >_<

Ugh, I'm like best friends with the UPS guy.
For what we spent on our Kindles, we should be happy every time we look at them. Do what you have to do to feel that way. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with DD. They're too expensive to be irritated when you look at them. I sent one back too because there was something about it that bugged me.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
If it is bothering you I would definitely get it replaced.
For the price we pay for our Kindles we should be happy with it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the support everyone, Ill get back to you when I get the new one;  probably monday because of the holiday weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts