Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Show and Sort will not Sort by Most Recent First.  :(

I have reset Libi using all 3 methods.

I have searched for a fix but I cannot find anyone else who is experiencing this.

I am thinking it may have something to do with the time not being set correctly.

Anyone out there have a fix or suggestions?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
cat616 said:
I am thinking it may have something to do with the time not being set correctly.
Basing this completely on anecdotal evidence :p, but I think you're right. It does make sense, your Kindle probably shows a date that is in 1970 or something, right? So if you put a book in with a timestamp in 2008, it gets all confused trying to handle the book from the future. (Many computers exhibit this kind of flaky behavior when their date is incorrectly set, BTW.) If you get in a Whispernet zone, turn it on and the date should set automatically. That should also fix your search order.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marianner, thanks for taking the time to answer.

The date showing is Fri, Jan 23, 1970.  I will not be in a Whispernet Zone until mid January.

I am going to start another Topic looking for someone else who is also outside of the Zone.  If my theory is correct then someone  out there must be experiencing the same problem.

I suppose I could call Kindle Support, but I like to figure things out for myself.

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
Cat, I think Mari gave you the answer.  To my knowledge the only way to get the time right is to be able to connect to Whispernet.  Until then you probably won't be able to reliably sort by 'most recent'. . . .but it never hurts to ask. . ..

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
Vampyre said:
Wouldn't linking to a computer via USB set the time on the Kindle? I imagine you've already tried that.
You'd think so, but there was some discussion on some forum or other about a guy who traveled to China or some such place a lot and if he had to reset his Kindle while over there it lost the correct time and there was no way to fix it until he was back in the states.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ann Von Hagel said:
You'd think so, but there was some discussion on some forum or other about a guy who traveled to China or some such place a lot and if he had to reset his Kindle while over there it lost the correct time and there was no way to fix it until he was back in the states.
Thanks for that info Ann.

G

·
Well that looks like something they need to add to any future Kindle updates.  A way to set the clock via USB or manual input.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally contacted Kindle support just in case something was wrong with Libi.  This is the answer:

"Thanks for asking about your Kindle's clock. Unfortunately there is no way for you to set this clock, it can only be set by receiving a signal over the Sprint network. You are correct, your book sorting problem is related to the clock - since the clock is inaccurate, its reference for which book is newest is inaccurate. As a workaround, you can select a different sorting method from the "Show and Sort" menu at the top of your homepage."

G

·
Ok here's what you do.  over night your Kindle to Leslie and she can use whispernet to set your clock and fix the sort problem.  Then she can over night it back to you...or sell it on eBay hehehehehehehheheee!

simple fix  :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vampyre,

That could work, but I am not letting Libi out of my sight.  :eek:

What would I do the 2 or 3 days she would be traveling all by herself!  :'(

She could get Kindlenapped!!!  :mad:

I do not even have a suitcase for her yet!  ::)

She is still nekked as well! ;)

OMG you have opened me up to all the emotions of Kindle Separation.  I must go lay down now and recover.

G

·
Well it was just an idea and I chose Leslie because she has more Kindles than a dog has fleas so you can trust her...oh well

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
cat616 said:
Vampyre,

That could work, but I am not letting Libi out of my sight. :eek:

What would I do the 2 or 3 days she would be traveling all by herself! :'(

She could get Kindlenapped!!! :mad:

I do not even have a suitcase for her yet! ::)

She is still nekked as well! ;)

OMG you have opened me up to all the emotions of Kindle Separation. I must go lay down now and recover.
Cold compresses help. ::)

Betsy

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got home from the USA.  As soon as I got access to Whispernet, Libi's time was reset and I was then able to sort by Most Recent with no problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.