Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a larger pictur of my Avatar. I took this picture at the 2006 quilt show in Seattle Washington. I only use the bottom half for avatar.

how do you rotate?
Sylvia

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
ak rain said:
how do you rotate?
You ought to rotate your pictures using your image editing software prior to uploading it to Photobucket....

However, you can rotate the picture in PhotoBucket as well, simply click the Edit link above the photo and you will see several options above the picture, including rotate.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think people will just have to look sideways. My internet connection quit so many times that I don't want to mess with it.
Pidgeon, the dog's eyes could talk you into lots of attention.
sylvia

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm always happy to show off my sweet pups. This is the whole picture that my avatar is cropped from. This wasn't posed -- they just happen to like the easy, soft life. If there's a pillow they're on it. If there's a pillow on top of a nice soft bed, they're on the pillow. Sadie (on the left) is still with me, she'll be 13 in 2 months. Dempsey (now Angel Dempsey) left us last spring. You know how there's one dog in your whole life who's your absolutely best dog? Well, Dempsey was my best dog.

Kathie

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
This is Pearl waiting to be read in my favorite reading spot. Happily the grass is greening up, we've got one more cool spell this week and then we'll probably be firing up the pool heater & getting it ready for swimming. ;D

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what are you using as Peal's stand, Oh the thought of a pool it would be nice. we actually reached 40 this week end but there is 2-4 feet if snow still.
sylvia

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
ak rain said:
what are you using as Peal's stand, Oh the thought of a pool it would be nice. we actually reached 40 this week end but there is 2-4 feet if snow still.
sylvia
It's a small metal easel for displaying pictures or plates. It worked great with my M-edge cover, but the Oberon is weighs just enough more that it doesn't work quite as well. Next time I'm at Michael's or Walmart or wherever, I need to look for one that's a little bigger. Actually, at the dining room table I've found that the top from a Yankee candle jar works well!;) (But not so great for on a concrete deck...)

And we've only had our pool about a year, but we really, really enjoyed it last year. Spent more time out in the back yard last year (in the pool and just out on the deck) than we did the previous 10 years. Can't wait to be out there again.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Here I am with Mike Zerbe (drummer, L) and Jonni Lightfoot (bassist, R)...from Air Supply :p Shhhh, don't tell Harvey that I put this here. He likes to poke fun at me for my Air Supply obsession ::)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
here is mine -- it is just air drying my hair and showing off the curls (because it only took 50 yrs to learn not to fight the curl) -- it is quite a bit longer now that was in August 08

quite a change from the brunette with lots of red I had when I was little - started changing in my teens and by my late 20's was gray and probably in my early to mid 40's was pretty much white = total family trait everyone on my fathers side had hair just like mine

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love the curls. I have straight hair, tried to curl and it did not stay. I can remember my cousin ironing her hair to get it straight. its always greener on the other side.
Sylvia

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
ak rain said:
I love the curls. I have straight hair, tried to curl and it did not stay. I can remember my cousin ironing her hair to get it straight. its always greener on the other side.
Sylvia
Oh I tried ironing it - setting it in orange juice cans - blowing it dry for hours to get it straight - then I went out in the humid air and sproing it went right back to curls - surprising it only took me 50 yrs to realize it wouldn't work huh ... Now I just let it do what it wants - and if I get caught in the rain it only gets curlier :p But it was miserable having curly hair in the 60's with everyone with their stick straight hair

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
LOL Isn't it funny how you always want what you can't have? If you want straight hair you have curly and vice versa!
Isn't that the truth? As you can see from my avatar, I have straight hair. Not only is it straight but it's a coarse texture and I have a lot of it...doesn't hold a curl. My mom on the other hand has finer hair that will hold a curl. Thank goodness DD's hair is like her father's...he's Italian and has a bit of a wave to his hair but it's fine so hers holds a curl rather nicely :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Here is the full watercolor image that my avatar comes from. It was custom made for me by an artist on eBay whose ID is grunt_bunny. I sent her a picture of my face, and she painted this from it. :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts