Kindle Forum banner

321 - 340 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
mlewis78 said:
Uh-oh! I was reading on my kindle last night and was tired of my starburst spring skin. I've only had it a month. It's a nice skin but suddenly started looking old. I think there's a virus going around that inspires people to change the skins. Don't know what to do.
I've been perfectly happy with my skin. It's a custom one from DecalGirl. The Flores Aqua in purple. I get so many compliments on it and I know there aren't many others like mine. For the past week, I've been considering ordering another one. Either Mystere or Pink Tranquility but in purple. I have a mock up of Mystere in purple and it looks pretty cool. I requested a purple - Pink Tranquility earlier this evening. Once I see them both, I'll decide.

I do know that I will continue to purchase my skins from DG. There may be some prettier designs elsewhere, but the quality and customer service make up for it. The one time I had a problem, they sent me a new skin the following day and told me to keep the defective one and not go through any hassle to send it back.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
mlewis78 said:
Uh-oh! I was reading on my kindle last night and was tired of my starburst spring skin. I've only had it a month. It's a nice skin but suddenly started looking old. I think there's a virus going around that inspires people to change the skins. Don't know what to do.
LOL--I had that problem with my first skin. However, the second one has now been on the K2 longer than the first was, and I'm still thrilled with it. Perhaps it's just a matter of finding the RIGHT skin!

....of course, that may take 6 or 8 tries....... :D

luvmy4brats said:
I've been perfectly happy with my skin. It's a custom one from DecalGirl. The Flores Aqua in purple. I get so many compliments on it and I know there aren't many others like mine. For the past week, I've been considering ordering another one. Either Mystere or Pink Tranquility but in purple. I have a mock up of Mystere in purple and it looks pretty cool. I requested a purple - Pink Tranquility earlier this evening. Once I see them both, I'll decide.

I do know that I will continue to purchase my skins from DG. There may be some prettier designs elsewhere, but the quality and customer service make up for it. The one time I had a problem, they sent me a new skin the following day and told me to keep the defective one and not go through any hassle to send it back.
luv, please do post up those mockups, I know there's a lot of purple fans on here who would love to see them! I have Pink Tranquility on my MacBook & love it, but I hadn't envisioned a purple version, sounds neat. :)

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
luvmy4brats said:

I agree Decal Girl Customer service is great. The one time I had a problem they got back in touch with me right away and replace the skin. I also sent them a email about Kindle DX and if they would be making skins for it. They got back in touch with me right away and said they would be making them as soon as they got their Kindle DX.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here is the DecalGirl Flower Burst skin with the screensaver I made. I just scanned the back cover before putting it on my kindle 2.

I like this skin because it is "girly" without being too busy.

·
Registered
780 Posts
My DecalGirl skin arrived yesterday, so here are pictures of it on my K2 and my K1 with a Tego skin on. I think they are pretty comparable in terms of thickness and gloss. Both were easy to put on.

Outdoors today

Indoors last night

I don't notice any difference in holding them even though the tego has a texture look to it, it really isn't noticeable when you are holding the Kindle.

I have actually taken velcro off the tego without too much trouble- it did stretch the skin but a little hot air from the hair dryer put it back to normal. I did only remove a small piece though, not sure what would happen if trying to remove a larger bit.

Lynn L

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
sbell1 said:
reemixx,

Here is a K2 in Dark Burlwood. I think the darker skin makes the background look lighter and the text darker.

I was even able to remove it from a Kindle I had to send back and reapply it to my new one.
I ordered this skin last night, as I wanted something dark and not too distracting. Also, I love things made from wood that are finished so that you can appreciate that wood grain look, so it seemed a natural choice (no pun intended) for me. Pics coming some time this coming week, hopefully. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
patchymama, Beautiful. In your pictures, I can see the texture on the Tego skin.

Kory, I love how you modified your M-edge. Very nice. Where did you find that skin?
Thank you. I found it at www.3acp.com

·
Registered
321 Posts
Here is my k1 in the waterfall skin by DG with the Fern Dragonfly Pond Oberon.

This skin makes me really want the purple ROH.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Love the waterfall decalgirl skin.

3acp has some beautiful designs, but how does one sort them out while browsing?  If I go away from the site and then go back, there are no names or even numbers (except for the slide numbers) to go by.  I looked at all of them weeks ago but can't remember any of them because of the lack of a label or name.

Marti

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I do love that dark burlwood skin! I really think it goes with just about anything.

Though I've had this one for a while, I can't find it posted anywhere for reference. This is Monet's Waterlilies from DecalGirl:

I'll try to get a better shot & get one of the back as well soon.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
VictoriaP said:
I do love that dark burlwood skin! I really think it goes with just about anything.

Though I've had this one for a while, I can't find it posted anywhere for reference. This is Monet's Waterlilies from DecalGirl:...
That probably would have been on my short list if I went for something artistic, but I decided I wanted something fairly subdued and on the dark side so that it would not distract me, and hopefully it will make the screen background look a little lighter by contrast. (The jury is still out on that for me.)

321 - 340 of 619 Posts