Kindle Forum banner

601 - 619 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the DecalGirl skin Infinity in Matte, and customized a screensaver for it before it even arrived using a printscreen of the website's preview.

Here are two versions of the screensaver, one with nameplate, one without.

I have it in the Tuff-Luv Apocalypse Tree of Life cover in Black:
http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn=6/c=337/sku=5055205255637

I also have two Borsa Bella bags for it, which in no way match:

I have both the Let's Do Lunch bag (Custom, with a Kindle pocket in it) and the Kindle Travel Bag in White Oleander.

as well as the Trendy Digital Waterproof case. Yes, it's waterPROOF, and I've verified it floats n our pool.

http://www.amazon.com/TrendyDigital-WaterGuard-Waterproof-Kindle-Border/dp/B0026GJHVY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276500829&sr=8-2-catcorr

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I don't have this skin, I saw it mentioned somewhere and took a peek. But I'd be tempted by it if I were looking...I like the subtlety of the design on the front, especially since I'm a music lover...it's called Violin...

·
Registered
47 Posts
My new skin, Indigo Punch...I like it very much!

You will note that the 2.5.2 update has turned my device from a rectangle to a trapazoid! LOL!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Danariel said:
I have the DecalGirl skin Infinity in Matte, and customized a screensaver for it before it even arrived using a printscreen of the website's preview.

Here are two versions of the screensaver, one with nameplate, one without.

Thanks for posting those screensavers! I have Infinity in matte, and I adore it! I'm very new to Kindle and never had the screensaver hacks before 2.5, but I look forward to getting customized screensavers whenever the new hacks are created. I would love to have this screensaver on my Kindle.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Everyone else's combos match so nicely! Obviously I don't care if my cover and skin clash like crazy...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Vet said:
I think I'd like in the first cover. Is that Celtic Hounds?
Yes it is. I also like the Bold Celtic and the Medici but they don't come in wine which seems to match the skin color pretty well. Thanks for your input; I'm leaning towards the Celtic Hounds.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Vet said:
I think it's cute in a whimsical kind of way! Is that a custom skin?
It isn't custom, but it isn't on the list when you go to decalgirl either. I clicked on the designer that I liked and it let me buy the design even though it wasn't on the stock K3 list. I had the same skin on my K2, I loved it so much I wanted it again :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
As I mentioned on an earlier thread, my Kindle is a Christmas gift, so I can't play with it right now. The Turbulent Dreams skin arrived Monday. I put everything away but couldn't stand it any longer. I had to dress my Kindle. Here's the pics, and yes, it's all back in my drawer again. I guess I should wrap it so I don't get tempted to play with it again. I'm not 100% sure I like skins. This was my first experience with using them. Do they curl up at the edges after you use them a lot? I do love the combo of the Turbulent Dreams with the Amazon green lighted case, though. 23 more days to go!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
sleepy6553 said:
As I mentioned on an earlier thread, my Kindle is a Christmas gift, so I can't play with it right now. The Turbulent Dreams skin arrived Monday. I put everything away but couldn't stand it any longer. I had to dress my Kindle. Here's the pics, and yes, it's all back in my drawer again. I guess I should wrap it so I don't get tempted to play with it again. I'm not 100% sure I like skins. This was my first experience with using them. Do they curl up at the edges after you use them a lot? I do love the combo of the Turbulent Dreams with the Amazon green lighted case, though. 23 more days to go!
To answer your question, no they don't curl up at all. They are very securely stuck on there. I just sold my K2 with a skin on it that had been there for at least 6 months and it looked as good as the day I put it on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Leslie said:
I just want to point out how different the colors of the purple ROH look in the pictures we are posting.

Here's one from this thread:

Mine:

They all look different and none of these pictures really closely represent what the real cover is (and yes, I took a bunch of those pictures!) In real life it is much more purple, not blue at all.

L
These look pretty sharp. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
jhall124 said:
These look pretty sharp. Where did you get them?
Those are from OberonDesign.com... There are a few huge threads about them with lots of pics in the accessories forum here on KB.

601 - 619 of 619 Posts