Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only see as far as yesterday in Show unread posts since last visit. Is this as far as it goes? I was looking for something farther back. So if I don't come for more than few days, will I lose track of the tread I last visited?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
It's been keeping track of fewer pages lately; I suspect, though I don't know, that Harvey changed some setting due to the memory problems the site was having.

If you go to individual boards, the "new" indicator will be in front of the individual thread whether it appears on "show new posts" or not.

Betsy

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Hmm, I don't recall changing that setting. I do know that "show unread" is quite a server-intensive operation... so I wonder if our forum software itself is making that decision to limit it based on the growing size of our database.

I'll ask "HAL" if it can open the pod bay doors a bit.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Thanks, Harvey, it's been maxing me out at 2 or 3 pages most days lately, and it used to go up to 5. I assumed you had changed anything but maybe the software is thinking for itself! We are averaging 300 posts a day these days!

Betsy

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Thanks, Harvey, it's been maxing me out at 2 or 3 pages most days lately, and it used to go up to 5.
Yesterday I was up to seven or eight.... I haven't noticed a problem, though here and there it misses a few new posts/threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts