Kindle Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I miss her, too. I see she did post once this week. However, I believe she said she was leaving when the whole thing about banning covers went down. It didn't affect her covers but she felt the ruling on it was sexist, I think.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
SevenDays said:
Yay, a new Caddy Rowland book! Love the cover!

What's wrong with "avengement"? It's a real word, so I don't get what the problem is.
Maybe it looks hard to read to him. I don't know? I'm cool with it as it is.

Hmmm. Maybe he didn't know the word, you might be right. Anyway, just in case, it means: The inflicting of retributive punishment; satisfaction taken.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Caddy said:
Maybe it looks hard to read to him. I don't know? I'm cool with it as it is.

Hmmm. Maybe he didn't know the word, you might be right. Anyway, just in case, it means: The inflicting of retributive punishment; satisfaction taken.
The grunge font she chose looks great on Stiletto, but I think the "v" in Avengement throws the eye off because of the coincidental juxtaposition with the "A," which slants the opposite direction. I did a double-take on it as well.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I love it!  Very eye-catching.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
DRMarvello said:
The grunge font she chose looks great on Stiletto, but I think the "v" in Avengement throws the eye off because of the coincidental juxtaposition with the "A," which slants the opposite direction. I did a double-take on it as well.
Yeah. I like that it does it, though. First, it's slightly disturbing, which is always good for psychological thriller. Second, anytime I can get a double-take on a cover I'm happy. :)

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
I love that cover.  And Avengement says thriller. 

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Caddy said:
Yeah. I like that it does it, though. First, it's slightly disturbing, which is always good for psychological thriller. Second, anytime I can get a double-take on a cover I'm happy. :)
Mission accomplished. 8)

For giggles, I sized the image down, and the "Av" combination is much easier to read at the sizes we'd normally see on vendor sites. Sorry if that takes away from the double-take effect. ;)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
DRMarvello said:
Mission accomplished. 8)

For giggles, I sized the image down, and the "Av" combination is much easier to read at the sizes we'd normally see on vendor sites. Sorry if that takes away from the double-take effect. ;)
Well, darn. I might have to put a nude pic of myself in the thumbnail. THAT would get a double-take..and it would send shivers down the spine, too.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Caddy said:
Well, darn. I might have to put a nude pic of myself in the thumbnail. THAT would get a double-take..and it would send shivers down the spine, too.
I thought you said thriller not comedy.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
cinisajoy said:
I thought you said thriller not comedy.
If I post a nude pic it will be psychological horror, not comedy.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts