Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I paid a visit to my tax accountant.  Same person I've used for years.  After 25 minutes he asked if I still had my Kindle.  I had forgotten that I showed it to him last year.  I grabbed it out of my bag and said it's the gadget I use the most.  He asked about durability and I told him I've fallen asleep in the recliner several times and dropped my Kindle.  I showed him my Kindle dressed in a DecalGirl skin.

I told him my sister and I are under my account and share almost 700 books.  He'd already heard about Kindle2.  He said his 15 year old daughter had seen the Kindle on Oprah.

He said he's interested in something with a backlight so he can read in bed without disturbing his wife.  I have a Mighty Bright light and he said he'd used the Mighty Bright with Dead Tree Books. 

I plan to email him more details on the Kindle and hope that he will buy one. 

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Avalon3, I showed my KK to my Doctor yesterday.  I was reading until he came into the exam room and when he saw it he started asking me questions about it.  I don't know if he is going to check further into it but it made me chuckle to realize where I was when asked about the KK.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Amazon should be paying you guys for this advertising.  ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kind said:
Amazon should be paying you guys for this advertising. ;)
No kidding! But at least the more kindles purchased = more kindle support = more books at better prices :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
My K2 came with me when I took my girls to dance class this week. Since they are in back to back classes, I end up sitting there for a couple of hours. I think I only read about 20 pages in that time because so many people wanted to check it out. I do kind of feel like a walking Amazon advertisement. But then, I love my Kindle, so I guess it's OK.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I must look intimidating or something.  I take my Kindle out all the time ... Starbucks .. restaurants ... and I've only had one inquiry, and that was from my doctor during an annual physical.  How do you do it?  I would love to talk about it!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I've sold 2 Kindles at work. 1 to one of my regular customers and one to a mom of one of my co-workers. Two of my managers also want to buy one.
I've sold one to my sister (K1), two to a co-worker (K1, then when she saw my K2, one of those), plus four other co-workers (K2). My job may even get a couple for our library.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I've sold 2 Kindles at work. 1 to one of my regular customers and one to a mom of one of my co-workers. Two of my managers also want to buy one.
Cool, I'll forward this to Amazon so they can hire you as a sales rep.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I bring mine to the gym, I read while on the cross trainer.  Everybody liked it and a friend of mine is going to get one for his wife on their anniversary.  I'll take one of those cards please..... ;D
jp

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bruinboy said:
I must look intimidating or something. I take my Kindle out all the time ... Starbucks .. restaurants ... and I've only had one inquiry, and that was from my doctor during an annual physical. How do you do it? I would love to talk about it!
I go to restaurants and sometimes go without people asking about it. I think it's just the right person noticing it. My tax accountant seems to be a gadget person. Still I was impressed that after a year he asked about it. I wondered whether or not he put a note on Kindle in my file.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jesslyn said:
I've sold one to my sister (K1), two to a co-worker (K1, then when she saw my K2, one of those), plus four other co-workers (K2). My job may even get a couple for our library.
I gave one to my sister last summer and she's under my account. Everyone at work was so interested in her Kindle she couldn't get any reading done. This week it's with her on a business trip to Brazil.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Avalon3 said:
I go to restaurants and sometimes go without people asking about it. I think it's just the right person noticing it. My tax accountant seems to be a gadget person. Still I was impressed that after a year he asked about it. I wondered whether or not he put a note on Kindle in my file.
I've took it out a few times at restaraunts and everyone always looks wide-eyed and asks if it is a computer. I always have to restrain myself about making up wild stories about my awesome job beta testing new Apple products.

Actually the pre and post-decalgirl responses to it are amusingly different. Pre-decal girl a few fellow nerds looked at it longingly and said it looks just like something from Star Trek. Post-decalgirl a few fellow fashionistas have looked at it longingly and told me it was super cute. :D It will be interesting if the admirers change again once I have it in the leather Oberon cover. I have a suspicion that hte handmade cover will make it highly acceptable to my fellow craft-faire goers.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
My judge asked me about mine yesterday, took it and played with it for a little bit.  I think he would have loved to have borrowed it for the boring conference he had to attend this weekend.  He said he could sit in the back and read and no one would be the wiser.  LOL. 

I was eating out a couple weeks ago.  My waitress had taken my drink order.  I was reading away.  Another waitress came up and said, "is that a Kindle?".  She spent several minutes asking questions about it and was very impressed when I told her she could make notes. 

The doctor that did my boyfriend's surgery finally asked me what I had.  It was great at the hospital.  Especially when they took him down for x-rays and other tests, which they had to do daily.  It made the waiting time standing in hall go much faster. 

deb

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was waiting for class, and one of the professors saw my Kindle 2. She asked me to do a quick "Show & Tell" session in her class. There were 41 students there. I ended up spending about 50 minutes demonstrating the device and answering questions. It wasn't a quick session at all. :D Many of the students were impressed, and a few didn't even bother looking at it. I gave them my email address for follow up questions. So far, only 1 person bought the Kindle for his daughter.

It was an interesting experience.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Vorpaks said:
I've took it out a few times at restaraunts and everyone always looks wide-eyed and asks if it is a computer. I always have to restrain myself about making up wild stories about my awesome job beta testing new Apple products.
LOL!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was eating lunch yesterday at a little neighborhood spot, just me and my kindle in its pretty blue M-Edge jacket, and heard someone comment as they walked by "Look how big and funny looking her organizer thing is, like, aren't blackberries better?" (spoken in a snarky voice).  All I could do was laugh.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts