Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw this in here but as much as I can't stand Bush I had to give him props for dodging those shoes dude!  I mean, two size 10's coming at you at 90+ miles an hour and Bush ducked BOTH of them and didn't even hide but looked the guy dead in his eye as if to say "Throw something else, I dare you!!!"  Come on, if that wasn't pure American pride I don't know what is!
On a more serious note, despite everything, our President is still a symbol of America and to have shoes and insults thrown at him like that, even I found personal offense to it.  What are your opinions about it?

·
Registered
795 Posts
KindleJaneRRT said:
Just thought I'd throw this in here but as much as I can't stand Bush I had to give him props for dodging those shoes dude! I mean, two size 10's coming at you at 90+ miles an hour and Bush ducked BOTH of them and didn't even hide but looked the guy dead in his eye as if to say "Throw something else, I dare you!!!" Come on, if that wasn't pure American pride I don't know what is!
On a more serious note, despite everything, our President is still a symbol of America and to have shoes and insults thrown at him like that, even I found personal offense to it. What are your opinions about it?
It epitomizes the sorry opinion the world now has of us after eight years of incompetent leadership. If tens of thousands of my friends and neighbors had been killed I'd probably be lobbing shoes at the guy who started the war too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wisteria Clematis said:
It epitomizes the sorry opinion the world now has of us after eight years of incompetent leadership. If tens of thousands of my friends and neighbors had been killed I'd probably be lobbing shoes at the guy who started the war too.
That is true, even though I haven't been on this earth long enough to have lived through the more historical presidencies, in our history, I don't know of any presidency that was this bad.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Moderator warning - let's not go there, please.

On the shoe-ducking: nicely done, Mr. President.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thank you Harvey, I logged off for a couple hours to give you chance to put a stop to this nonsense.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bad, I didn't mean to bring up a sour topic but I just thought it was absolutely hilarious watching that man dodge those shoes like that and just wanted to know what everyone else thought about it.  ::) :p ;D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Were there some inappropriate posts deleted, because this looks like a reasonable thread that got cut off at the knees. If no posts were deleted, are we not allowed to have adult discussions here? If there were posts that got rabid and got deleted, and that's what the warning was for, then I'll pipe down.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
The warning from Harvey was to avoid a discussion that could get out of hand and become very argumentative. We all have different opinions so it is best not to go there as Harvey stated in his warning post. We attempt to put the fires out while they are small to make this a pleasant place to be.

So much nicer to keep it friendly here. :)

Thanks,
Linda

·
Registered
788 Posts
Whatever your political leanings, you have to admit that he showed some impressive reflexes for a man his age.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Jeff said:
Hey Harvey, would it be okay if I defended old guys?
Don't mind me, I'm still in my larval stage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mikuto said:
Whatever your political leanings, you have to admit that he showed some impressive reflexes for a man his age.
Lol, my point exactly! :D ;D ;)

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
In answer to various posts above - no posts were deleted. I just know from experience when a thread is destined to be a divisive clash on these boards. Even though some view those exchanges as valuable, their value is overshadowed by the way they divide us and in my judgment they lessen the enjoyment of the boards for the majority of our members.

Every board has its tone, and this part of how we try to maintain the tone we desire for this board.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Mikuto said:
Don't you just know that Colbert and Stewart are kicking themselves that they're not recording new shows this week. . . .

Ann

1 - 20 of 81 Posts