Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently watched Extreme Couponing, and that show is so crazy! It is amazing how much they save. Has anyone ever seen this show?

I watched Toddlers & Tiaras as well, and that show was also a jaw dropper. Some of the tantrums are pretty infamous. lol

What shows have made your jaw drop?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Definitely "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet.  We sit there with our jaws hanging open, thinking, "Are you serious?"

Members of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (BFRO) use riveting dialog, such as, "I think that's a baby Squatch."

;D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mamiller said:
Definitely "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet. We sit there with our jaws hanging open, thinking, "Are you serious?"
haha, now I'm going to have to watch that now!

bnapier said:
Destination Truth, all the way.

And, a few years back, Lost...before season 6. Meh
I've never seen that show!

·
Registered
382 Posts
The first episode of The Shield and the final Episode of The Shield. Actually, all 7 seasons were jaw dropping.

There was also a BBC show called Waking the Dead. There was on episode that made me gasped when someone died. Very jaw dropping.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
I've been enjoying Hardcore Pawn lately.  The losers that come into that store will simultaneously make you feel better about your own life, and despair for our society.

·
Registered
12,230 Posts
House Hunter International. It amazes me to see the huge amounts of money people have to pay in some places for houses or apartments the size of closets. Luckily I live in a not-so-popular location so homes around here are affordable and you get lots of space for your money.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
swolf said:
I've been enjoying Hardcore Pawn lately. The losers that come into that store will simultaneously make you feel better about your own life, and despair for our society.
hahahaha, I LOVE Hardcore Pawn. People get crazy when they are late and can't get their stuff back anymore. lol

Dara England said:
House Hunter International. It amazes me to see the huge amounts of money people have to pay in some places for houses or apartments the size of closets. Luckily I live in a not-so-popular location so homes around here are affordable and you get lots of space for your money.
House Hunters International fan too! Japan had the smallest I think I'd ever seen.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I don't watch much reality TV, but have seen the occasional episode of the Hoarders show(s) (is there more than one??) that have been pretty jaw-dropping. 

But what came to my mind immediately when I was the subject line was that the season 4 finale of "Dexter" was a definite jaw-dropper.  I was disturbed for days, and couldn't find anyone else who watched it to discuss it with!  And I'll never look at John Lithgow quite the same way again....

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
The one show I can't watch is My Strange Addiction.  One woman was eating the cushions of her couch, another was eating toilet paper, and a third was eating Comet (the cleaner, not the reindeer.).

I gag just thinking about it.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Most recently, for me, is the show "Storage Wars."  I have that same "Are you serious?" feeling that I see someone else has about the Bigfoot show.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Or how about "Selling New York".....
A real estate show, but the properties all cost multi-millions of dollars - sometimes for just an efficiency.  But most properties on the show are luxury places that cost $10mill.

Now what drops my jaw is how many people are there that can afford these places....and can qualify for the loans?

Just sayin.....

·
Registered
286 Posts
The pilot episode of "Lost" was a real jaw-dropper for me, as well as several other episodes of the show.  And the episode of "M*A*S*H" when Colonel Blake died was stunning.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Some of the twists in the latest incarnation of Battlestar Galactica utterly floored me, especially in the second season.  The Wire had its fair share of jaw-droppers too.  But I'd have to say, for recent shows, and for sheer unbelievable excellence in causing my jaw to drop (in the best possible way) Breaking Bad stands tall above all else.  The penultimate episode of the third season in particular stands out, my poor fragile human heart almost couldn't take it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Raffeer said:
Definitely the last episode of The Shield.
Yeah...some very awkward television. I was at first disappointed with the last 10 minutes or so. But looking back, it was the perfect way for it to end.

SPOILER ALERT

Although I still say the episode where Lem died (particularly the way it happened) was the most shocking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts