Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I tried to validate an EPUB and it failed. After some tweaking and retesting and a lot of cursing, I tried to check on earlier EPUBs that were created and tested on Sigil and had passed. Nothing is validating. So I figured maybe there's something on the new version that is throwing my files under the validating bus, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several older versions of Sigil. That didn't work.

Pretty much keep getting this or a variation thereof:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Line Software

I tried validating one of those files elsewhere: no errors. I'm likely to give up because I need to get this new e-book done this weekend. Any suggestions for a good EPUB editor (I always found Calibre a little clunky for my taste). Anything comparable to Sigil? Or any ideas, suggestions, anything, please...
I would truly appreciate any help.

·
Registered
870 Posts
That is an error in the epubcheck plugin, not an error in your epub files (or a general error of Sigil’s, either). The plugin itself is failing to run, which doesn’t necessarily mean your files would’ve failed the check had it actually been executed.

The folks in the mobileread forums are very helpful in diagnosing plugin problems, I’d raise the issue there and see if anyone can help out: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248186

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Gessert Books! I will bring it up on the forum--just wasn't even sure how to phrase it (got so flustered I lost it for a minute or a few)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was an upgrade to the plugin right up top. It's working. Thank you for your help!

That is an error in the epubcheck plugin, not an error in your epub files (or a general error of Sigil’s, either). The plugin itself is failing to run, which doesn’t necessarily mean your files would’ve failed the check had it actually been executed.

The folks in the mobileread forums are very helpful in diagnosing plugin problems, I’d raise the issue there and see if anyone can help out: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248186

1 - 4 of 4 Posts