Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to customer service at Amazon and he told me that we should start seeing the "sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" feature on kindle books.  He said there are some items out on the website now with this, but will eventually be on all soon to be released items.  I hope he is right!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Yay! I have a small list of books that aren't available in Kindle format that I check weekly. It would be nice just to have an email notification, if & when it's available for Kindles.

Now if they could only make Wishlists for Kindle books...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,128 Posts
sam said:
I was talking to customer service at Amazon and he told me that we should start seeing the "sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" feature on kindle books. He said there are some items out on the website now with this, but will eventually be on all soon to be released items. I hope he is right!
I hope he is right. I would love to be notified for the books that I am waiting to come out on Kindle. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
This is good!!  But has anyone written a program to take our list of books wanted on Kindle and automatically click the "I'd like to read this on Kindle" button monthly, weekly, daily, hourly.

Whatever it takes, man.    :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
sam said:
I was talking to customer service at Amazon and he told me that we should start seeing the "sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" feature on kindle books. He said there are some items out on the website now with this, but will eventually be on all soon to be released items. I hope he is right!
I have seen it on several books but there is no way to actually do it. That is, it is not a clickable link or anything. Very frustrating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,340 Posts
So this would be books showing up on the Kindle books screen to be available soon. how about a link in the regular book section under "I want to read this in Kindle" that says "notify me when this book comes out for my Kindle". Then I could just tag all these old books I want and would not have to check back over time.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Some people have added the link to there posts when their book is not available for Kindle yet.  I know what it is like to find a book i want and it is not available for the kindle.  If the link is added to the post and i find it while i am surfing the Kindleboard i will take the time to go and click the link for them.  It only takes a minute and who knows there might be a day when we won't have to beg to get a book we want for our Kindles until that time comes i will do what i can for everyone who whats a book.  I think of it as my good deed for the day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
stevene9 said:
So this would be books showing up on the Kindle books screen to be available soon. how about a link in the regular book section under "I want to read this in Kindle" that says "notify me when this book comes out for my Kindle". Then I could just tag all these old books I want and would not have to check back over time.

Steve
I would love that - save me from shcecking all the time... of course, whenever i check, i also hit the "I want in Kindle" again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
sam said:
I was talking to customer service at Amazon and he told me that we should start seeing the "sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" feature on kindle books. He said there are some items out on the website now with this, but will eventually be on all soon to be released items. I hope he is right!
That would be great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,340 Posts
By the way what I do now is save the non kindle book to my shopping list (as opposed to my wish list). Then once a week I go to my shopping list and go down the list clicking "I want it on the Kindle". There appears to be an army of people interested in getting the sci fi book Replay on the Kindle, and I am that army.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Sparkplug said:
Yay! I have a small list of books that aren't available in Kindle format that I check weekly. It would be nice just to have an email notification, if & when it's available for Kindles.

Now if they could only make Wishlists for Kindle books...
You can add Kindle books to your wish list. If there are customer reviews for the Kindle book, click on the stars. Once you are on the customer review page, there is a button to add to your wish list.

Better yet, Amazon has a universal wish list that will let you add items to your wish list from other sites, but I use it to add Kindle books to my wish list so that I don't have click away to the customer review page.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Thanks for the tip Ogie287!

stevene9 said:
By the way what I do now is save the non kindle book to my shopping list (as opposed to my wish list). Then once a week I go to my shopping list and go down the list clicking "I want it on the Kindle".
Oooh, very smart. <Runs off to start her new Amazon shopping list>
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top