Kindle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts
G

·
Sheesh!  I certainly have no choice when the arms are crossed and the foot's a-tappin'.

OK, it's 1998.  I'm working two jobs at the time.  My primary job is waiting tables in a microbrewery/restaurant.  My second job is as a bartender in a local hotel lounge.  I invented the Cuban Missile Crisis at the hotel.  At the time, the hotel was housing some long-term occupants who were commercial construction workers from Ames, Iowa, in Wichita building a mall.  I tested the drink on some of them, and it was a hit.  I quit that job after a few months.

Fast forward 14 months: I'm still waiting tables in the same restaurant.  I come to greet a couple at one of my tables and get their drink order.  The guy says, "I don't know if you've heard of it around here, but does your bartender know how to make a Cuban Missile Crisis?  They're really popular back home."

Yeah, he was from Iowa.

Told you it was an excruciatingly dull story.

· Registered
798 Posts
Does anyone like Jamba Juice? It's a chain of smoothie places. When it's too hot for coffee, I get an Strawberries Wild or Aloha Pineapple for breakfast.

· Registered
2,302 Posts
Mikuto said:
Does anyone like Jamba Juice? It's a chain of smoothie places. When it's too hot for coffee, I get an Strawberries Wild or Aloha Pineapple for breakfast.
Yummm...Jamba Juice. Love them.

The Bright Eyed & Blueberry is great for breakfast. My favorite for a special treat is Orange Dream Machine. I also like Aloha Pineapple, Peach Pleasure and Strawberry Surf Rider

· Registered
2,302 Posts
I bet an Orange Dream Machine would be great with a couple of shots of vodka in it.  There, I just turned it into a signature drink. ;D

...or maybe with creme de cacao.  Ever had a Tootsie Roll...OJ and creme de cacao. 

· Registered
448 Posts
Our cruise ship had a martini bar. We decided that would be our hangout. The bartender put on quite a show. Anyhow, I was inspired to create my own version of The Noel Martini.

2 oz white cranberry juice
1 oz peach Schnapps
1 oz Limon Rum

I also enjoy sipping Limoncello

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Cool got a lot of new recipes to try.  I'm definitely going to try the PGGB.  Love the way this thread has taken off.  Can't wait to make a cocktail recipe book out of it and post it on Kindle books!!! ;)

· Registered
455 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
My signature drink is one that Jim introduced me to and originally taught me to make. Through years of taste testing and experimentation, I have perfected the recipe to my tastes.

Chocolate Martini

2 shots of Players Caramel or Pinnacle Chocolate Vodka
1 shot Godiva Dark Chocolate
1 shot Bailey's Irish Cream (usually with hint of Caramel, but for the Christmas season I also do hint of chocolate mint)

Add ingredients to a shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a martini glass rimmed with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup and cocoa.
Ohhh, I had a wonderful Godiva Dark Chocolate Martina at Boma, the restaurant at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was amazing! LR, thanks for the recipe. This is one I'll be trying! :)

My preferred drink is a Kahlua and cream. So yummy. I don't get it very often, tho, since it's rather fattening. That's a special treat. :)

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.