Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing people post on the kindle FB page that the kindle has to reindex all the books if it is turned all the way off and then back on.  Is this true?  I don't usually turn my all the way off, I'm just curious for the sake of airport security (would hate to have it re-index my over 300 books after going through security). That, and I would hate that misinformation is being spread to kindle newbies if this is indeed false.

I did alot of google searching and couldn't find a definitive Amazon answer anywhere...bet I could find is that it would re-index if you did a hard restart...which makes sense.  So, do any of you know the answer to this?  I'd check with my kindle, but I have a K2 and perhaps the K3 is different???

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
scarlet said:
It's not the turn off that forces a re-index, it's a hard reset (holding the power button for about a minute and allowing a full reboot). This has happened to me a few times when the kindle has frozen and I've had to reset it.
This is what I thought. Not that it's a huge deal, since most people know that leaving a Kindle in sleep mode is best; I just really hate the idea that new kindle owners are being giving false info on the Kindle FB page (I tried to correct someone once, and got about 3 replies saying I was wrong, which is what sparked this discussion). Thanks for the trial and error guys, I appriciate it :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.