Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to forward to the following Chapter in a book w/out paging through each page?

ThankYou

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
The easiest way is to go to the table of contents and select the next chapter link. You can do this by clicking on menu, then Table of Contents. I don't know of any faster way to do it, but some of the others may. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
The bad news is that some books do not have clikable links for chapters.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yes, if there is a clickable Table of Contents then you are all set.  Otherwise....I would use the bookmark feature often.  I read on person say that when they start a new book, if the ToC is not clickable, they take the time to find each chapter and bookmark it before reading.  Then they can go between bookmarks easily.

I don't see the need to take the time to do this, but if it is helpful to you...

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
When I am reading a book without a clickable Table of Contents, then I bookmark the chapters as I come to them while reading. If the book is a long one, then I bookmark the major subsections and every 10th chapter. While that won't help with going forward to the next chapter, it certainly helps in going back to the last one. ;)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I do exactly what Annalog does - as I read I bookmark each chapter.

You could possibly do a search for "chapter" and if the author named each chapter as Chapter 10 or Chapter 11, etc. it should show the location for the next one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts