Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While everyone is waiting for the covers to arrive, I realized as I was in the Bible section of my local bookstore there are a ton of case options there.. I found a plain red microfiber that is perfect.. it has a pocket for my phone (or glasses) and it does fit an Iphone

On the front and a zip pocket as well for money.. keys.. etc. it also holds my kindle with our without a case on the inside... and it was around 15.00... it does not look like a bible cover at all but a nice simple carry case.. just an FYI for those of you that need some ideas.

The photos look more orangey (my cell phone does that) but the cover is more of a tomato red.. and the pocket in the front zips with a nice silver zipper pull. This case is the Medge platform.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Nice looking, inexpensive idea!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.. I was just browsing the area and they had bunch of them.. most bookstores do, I like this one for the pocket and the cell phone.. so I have room to drag the essentials and not my entire kitchen for once :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice find--I really like your new bag, especially with the outside pockets for cell phone and whatnot.

I wouldn't have thought about looking in that particular section of the bookstore for a bag, so thanks for pointing it out.  :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Patrizia said:
thanks.. I was just browsing the area and they had bunch of them.. most bookstores do, I like this one for the pocket and the cell phone.. so I have room to drag the essentials and not my entire kitchen for once :)
agreed I wish i could go back and get something like this instead...o well i like mine just wish it was cheaper.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sirsell.. it was only 15.00 , they did have some as low as 9 but without the pockets

Paisley.. I dont' know why I didnt think of this either at first.. when I got to the bookstore I remembered that section since I got a bible cover for my niece a few years ago.  I thought it was worth a shot.. they had a variety of all kinds though.. from teens to black leather.. all price ranges.. this one was from books a million, but most Christain bookstores and I know Barnes and Noble here carries them as well.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Patrizia said:
While everyone is waiting for the covers to arrive, I realized as I was in the Bible section of my local bookstore there are a ton of case options there.. I found a plain red microfiber that is perfect.. it has a pocket for my phone (or glasses) and it does fit an Iphone

On the front and a zip pocket as well for money.. keys.. etc. it also holds my kindle with our without a case on the inside... and it was around 15.00... it does not look like a bible cover at all but a nice simple carry case.. just an FYI for those of you that need some ideas.

The photos look more orangey (my cell phone does that) but the cover is more of a tomato red.. and the pocket in the front zips with a nice silver zipper pull. This case is the Medge platform.

Looks wonderful. Thanks, Patrizia.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That's nice and considering it's only $15  8) 8)

·
Registered
904 Posts
It looks like it was made for the Kindle and Platform case.  Good eye and good buy.
jp

·
Registered
833 Posts
I bought a 2008 calendar (for $2) and cut out the pages, put in four pieces of velcro (for  about 50 cents) and a small piece of elastic (for less than 50 cents) and I have a cover that is about the same as the Amazon cover (albeit without the hinges).  I wanted an elastic strap so I didn't want the Amazon cover.  I didn't want to spend $30 for a cover that wasn't quite what I wanted.  And I didn't want to keep carrying around my kindle without a cover, not because of the protection but because of the obviousness of the kindle.  So now it looks like I am carrying a very thin book and I spent less than $3 in materials and about 20 minutes in time.

I have used my Kindle for a wedding and a funeral.  It works really well to email myself the text and read it directly.  But I do need some type of cover to make it look better. 

·
Registered
833 Posts

This is basically done, but I want to find some appropriate tape to use in the center to clean up the look a bit. It isn't very protective, but I don't throw it around alot. I am just looking for something to disguise it a bit.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Good looking and for a great price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts