Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else has one and loves it?

I've yet to make a margarita in mine, especially because I prefer them the traditional on the rocks way. But the thing is awesome for all kinds of other drinks. Mango Lussi, mocktail frozen drinks like pina coladas, smoothies, orange julius ect. I am in love with the shaved ice.

·
Registered
321 Posts
We have one and LOVE it.  We are constantly making slushes for the kids, as well as, fruity drinks.  It is def. a family favorite.

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
I'm not familiar with that. At a family reunion last year, my wife brought a "bucket of margaritas" - the kind you add tequila to and put in the freezer for a few hours.

Those were awesome. My wife was very proud for loosening up all of her Canadian in-laws at that reunion. :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I'm not familiar with that machine,but I luvvvv margaritas in the Summer :)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those that aren't familiar with the machine, it's a blender but it has a built in ice shaver. So your drinks never have those big ice chunks. You fill up the ice shaver on the top of the machine, you put your other ingredients in the blender cup and put it on the machine. It has an auto feature and automatically shaves the ice and blends the drink, plus it has controls so you can blend more to make the drink thinner or add more shaved ice to make it thicker. You can also just shave ice into the blender cup and scoop it out and add syrups for snow cones.

You can watch a video demo here http://www.margaritavillecargo.com/

Las night I made a pitcher with 12 oz pineapple juice, 1/2 cup sugar, a little coconut syrup, guava syrup and 2 heaping spoons of whole milk yogurt. Tasted very much like a pina colada. Really creamy. Although I usually make those with golden pinapple, sugar and cream of coconut.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I saw it demonstrated at Costco around Christmas time.  I was very tempted since I love frozen (alcoholic) drinks sitting around the pool on a hot summer day....hmmmm I think Costco is open!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the one at costco. It was a great deal at 190.00 plus it included the travel bag which retails for like 40 bucks.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Mararitaville

·
Registered
208 Posts
I love ours.  I think we use it almost every day between the adults and the kids.  It is a wonderful machine and well worth the money spent. 

Lately the kids have been using it daily for "snow cones" and we've been using it for Bahama mama's:  3 oz captain Morgan's spiced Rum; 1.5 oz Godiva Original Liqueur; 3 oz Pina Colada mixer and 4 cups ice and use the auto feather and perfect pitcher of drinks.

We use it so much I'm seriously considering purchasing the cordless model from frontgate.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I've been using ours a lot this summer. I should go make something with strawberries got a huge package of them at Costco.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts