Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I said pet rats.  :eek: ;D. I just brought home a baby - mouse size lol - rat. Female - White with pink eyes. I have a deposit on another that will be ready to go home in two weeks. I think I'll be getting one that is black with some white. They are both dumbo rats.

The white one that is home now is so funny, she now has a green nose from her calcium block LOL.  Very friendly and loves getting out and climbing all over me. I was looking for unusual names that would go together (but NOT Ebony & Ivory  :-\) but just can't decide. Usually my pets decide for me. Their name will just pop into my head but not this time.

Any suggestions?  Also if you have pet rats tell me about them!!

Theresam

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Thelma and Louise

Lucy and Ethel

Are they both female?

Bogie and Bacall ( I always wanted to name kittens that but my DH didn't like them)

Bonnie & Clyde

Fred and Ethel (did name kittens that but had to chnge Ethel to Rocky  :D)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooops, Yes they are both females, wonder if they would get a complex if one was given a male name lol.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Eva and Zsa Zsa

or

Marilyn and Jane (one blonde, one dark...)

Actually, I don't know whether anyone here is really good at naming things.   Rumor has it that Kindles name themselves, and just inform us of the result.  Perhaps that would work with your new pets as well?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forster said:
Knock yourself out:

http://www.ratsrule.com/females.html

I can't believe there is actually a webpage dedicated to rat names, lol.
Man, that's a lot of names :eek:!!

Usually my pets name themselves. One cat took over a week to give me her name. I got so desperate I just started blurting out things and when I said Tishka she turned and came over to me. So that was it. However, I've got Molly on the brain - just saw the movie and read the book so I'm having a hard time and I wanted to get started on training them to come when their name is called.

I have also been thinking about Thelma and Louise, as female rats are very active little instigators :)

Oreo & Milk, well that will lead to many trips to the store LOL. I love Oreo's and well know darn you've got me thinking about them again LOL ;D.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmm I think 'oops I gotta a patient' might be a little to long LOL. The others are cute though :)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
bkworm8it said:
I have also been thinking about Thelma and Louise, as female rats are very active little instigators :)
You could name them The Enablers....

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you ever read the YA series Gregor the Overlander, there are lots of rats in those books. I don't remember all their names.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts