Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on tour all month and just did my last blog, which is available at http://jocelynmodo.blogspot.com/

I have met some fantastic people on this tour, as well as amazing authors that have encouraged me to write in the first place. I have also met some incredibly grumpy people on this tour, writers, readers, bloggers, and people from all aspects of those I have come in contact with over my less then a year introduction into promoting my work.

Because of all the grumpy people that I have met, I started to wonder what I am doing even trying to get recognized. Why bother? Then I meet someone that genuinely remembers what it is like to be just starting out and so unsure what needs to be done. Several someone's in fact. It seems to me that a lot of people I have interacted with forget what it is like, have no problem tearing another person down with absolutely no hint of remorse. But there are other authors out there that are quite the opposite!

There is not a writer alive in my opinion that will not run into someone that loves their work but then others that also hate it. Loves them for writing it, while others hate them for the same thing. Make judgements about the content of the writing as to what the writer must truly be like... crazy, a slut, demented, psychotic, murder, insane, sweet, romantic, what have you. We don't live in a cookie cutter world, thank heavens or individuality would not be praised at all.

In preparing my thank you for everyone on my last blog, I wanted to make sure that the people didn't mind being mentioned. If it wasn't for these people, along with a lot more that I could have listed, I would have not started writing in the first place, let along continued to promote. I was surprised at how many were genuinely surprised that I wanted to do something for them, who have been so kind to me. Not for any return, but because I am grateful. It's sad that it is a surprise actually. Everyone should encourage each other. I am thrilled to death when I sell a book, sell 5 in a day and it is time for a party! I may not ever be as big as a lot of the people that have supported and encouraged me but I will do my best to help promote others and encourage them as well.

Let me know what you think of my last blog when you get a chance.

Happy Reading!
Bella Marie

·
Registered
494 Posts
Congrats, Bella! Just read your post on Jocelyn's blog and left a comment -- well said! (I'm currently in the midst of a book tour with BK as well -- she's great.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RobynB said:
Congrats, Bella! Just read your post on Jocelyn's blog and left a comment -- well said! (I'm currently in the midst of a book tour with BK as well -- she's great.)
Thank you for leaving a comment RobynB! That is one of the most dissapointing things with my tour is hardly anyone left comments so they could get free books. I am guessing it is the subject matter... no one wants to admit to liking erotica :) Great luck on your tour!!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Cross posting my comment from the blog.

What a great post Bella! There are a lot of grumps out there but there are even more great people out there too. Us Indies have to stick together and help each other out! Even though you may not have gotten lots of comments, your book still got exposure. Keep up that positive outlook and keep writing more yummy erotic stories!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Katie Salidas said:
Cross posting my comment from the blog.

What a great post Bella! There are a lot of grumps out there but there are even more great people out there too. Us Indies have to stick together and help each other out! Even though you may not have gotten lots of comments, your book still got exposure. Keep up that positive outlook and keep writing more yummy erotic stories!
Keep on keeping on! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts