Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,  I am a computer programmer by trade, wishing I could write full time.  Anyway, I bounced an idea off TexasGirl the other day that she seemed to like, so I decided to put it out to the board to get feedback.  Now, this may take a month or two to develop but ideas and suggestions are welcome.  

I am going to build an app (that I will be happy to share with my KBers of course) that will help track which sites you have contacted about going free.  Maybe set up alerts based on each sites rules as far as how many days to wait after you have submitted to them, etc...  Ability to add new free sites right into the system.   I would love to eventually make it a webpage but don't have a server to host this type of program at the moment so it will be windows app.  You would help you track which sites displayed your book.  Maybe a place to add number of downloads against which sites advertised you.  It could help us get a feel for which sites work the best.

Okay, hit me with ideas.  I am at my day job and will respond when I can.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Sounds neat, but I think it would be better as a web page than an app.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
This sounds like a great idea. I notify several sites when I plan a free book giveaway--and to some extent it's like spitting into a void. I suppose I *could* follow them all to see what's happening with my requests, but I don't. Besides, I love one-stop shopping.  :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jimkukral said:
Sounds neat, but I think it would be better as a web page than an app.
I agree. Unfortunately, I don't have a place to host. If you have the space, I would be happy to build it and you can host? I can script out the database layer and stuff. :) Plus then we could aggregate all the data to see which sites truly give the best results.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lady_O said:
How much space do you need?
Need a server to host and the means to expose the webapp to the world. I don't imagine that much space at first but as we add users and their data, it will grow.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have a friend who might be able to host the site.

Also thought of other things it could track.  How each genre does per site. 

Any other ideas bring them to me.

·
Registered
855 Posts
JTCochrane said:
Need a server to host and the means to expose the webapp to the world. I don't imagine that much space at first but as we add users and their data, it will grow.
I have a plan with hostgator, I'll look at what their limit is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts