Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Either that, or...

-There aren't many free SF books
-You wrote a stunningly good book and are merely getting the attention you deserve.

All things are possible :)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I agree, the UK Kindle market doesn't seem to be that big.

My title jumps quite high on a single sale and never sees the dark and chill depths that it has occasionally known in the US market.

I think a lot of titles haven't sold or enabled the territorial rights to the UK. At the same time, while the UK population is smaller, the Kindle also arrived later. A bit of a double whammy!

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Colin Taber said:
I agree, the UK Kindle market doesn't seem to be that big.

My title jumps quite high on a single sale and never sees the dark and chill depths that it has occasionally known in the US market.

I think a lot of titles haven't sold or enabled the territorial rights to the UK. At the same time, while the UK population is smaller, the Kindle also arrived later. A bit of a double whammy!
It is smaller than the US market, but none the less, some indies are getting 100 downloads per day. i had over 200 downloads in May, so it is still an important and growing market. Kindle have just invested in a massive support centre for kindle, so sales must be high enough for Amazon to continue with their investment.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Decon said:
It is smaller than the US market, but none the less, some indies are getting 100 downloads per day. i had over 200 downloads in May, so it is still an important and growing market. Kindle have just invested in a massive support centre for kindle, so sales must be high enough for Amazon to continue with their investment.
Yeah, back in February when my book was in the top 10 over there, I had one week where I was averaging over 300 downloads per day. Not too shabby!

·
Registered
821 Posts
A HINT OF RAPTURE is #1 on Amazon UK's Top 100 Free books for Historical Romance and moving rapidly up the overall Amazon UK Top 100 free list!  So far about 800 downloads so the UK market is definitely growing.

Hope will be free on Amazon US very soon.

Miriam Minger

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
The End of the World is #1 on the free contemporary fantasy list at Amazon UK and has been there for over two weeks. It's around #35 in the top 100 free, and that's after several thousand downloads, so I think the market is pretty big (and growing).

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The Novelrank graph indices are set at 60,000 for Amazon UK, and 200,000 for Amazon US - which would indicated that the US market is just over 3 times the current size of the UK.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Grace Elliot said:
The Novelrank graph indices are set at 60,000 for Amazon UK, and 200,000 for Amazon US - which would indicated that the US market is just over 3 times the current size of the UK.
Which makes the UK numbers pretty impressive when you consider that the US has around 5 times the population of the UK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts