Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...she named quick and I in the title. (I don't know why I rate so highly) If you're stopping by that way, maybe give her a kind word on her efforts to keep that place decent.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if she's coming...I know that you've encouraged her to join. Maybe I'll invite her as well next time I'm there.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went off on an Oprah rant on the other board that might have been ill-advised but still reflects my feelings upon Oprah and celebrities in general.

I like the Kindle and I want it to succeed, so there's ambivalence in my opinion of Oprah's endorsement. However, I can't shake my feeling that Oprah as a person is completely unconcerned about the Kindle now that she's wrapped the show. She gave a paid endorsment through a deal made between HARPO Productions and Amazon. I spit when I heard that she said that it changed her life. What dreck! I fully appreciate the many new users that her show has generated, but I cringe when I see these fawning, addled masses of folks who would buy a two-legged chair if they thought Oprah placed her behind in it. If anyone here has bought the Kindle because of Oprah's ad and the not inconsequential discount, I'm not mocking you. I apologize if it seems that I am. But Oprah's endorsement has less credibility and less sincerity than those issued by the annonymous members of any Kindle forum. We like it because it makes our lives a little more pleasant. Oprah likes it because it made her some money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts