Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,
I was wondering if anyone knows about any skins that cover the corners of the Kindle 2.  I'm sure this has been asked before but I wasn't able to find anything by searching.
Thanks,

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi DCB - I actually have not ever seen any skins covering the corners.  The only ones that I remember seeing which might fit the bill would be the silicone type cases that you can find on amazon or ebay, but they are thicker than a skin.  Sorry I couldn't help much...good luck looking!  :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi and welcome!  Feel free to wander over to the Introductions area & you'll get a very warm welcome. 

I was unclear about this in the beginning, and thought perhaps you are too, hence my post.  I initially thought that the skins were for protection.  Actually, they are primarily for decoration.  They do protect a little, from surface scratches, and maybe from dirt, a little, but not very much.  Since they are 99% (imho) decorative, they don't need to cover the corners.  They would actually be a pain in the patoot to put on if they covered corners.

Again, welcome
Kim

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nope. Even the invisibleSHIELD doesn't do corners on the Kindle (at least not the way the iPhone ones have corners by folding the tabs over) and those *are* for protection.

If you want to protect your Kindle's corners from drops, etc, shove it in a case and bingo.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I've yet to see any skins that are totally wraparound. Or corner covering. It seems like a good idea though, maybe someone will make it soon.

·
Registered
257 Posts
koolmnbv said:
I've yet to see any skins that are totally wraparound. Or corner covering. It seems like a good idea though, maybe someone will make it soon.
I don't see how it would work very well. They *could* do it the way the invisibleSHIELD fits on the iPhone, for example, with the tabs that I previously mentioned, that you kind of bend over the top. But that still gives tiny little gaps which get all the dust and dirt in there. And it would probably be even worse because the corners aren't as rounded on the Kindle as they are on the iPhone. Not really a fan of clear films/skins with corners.

·
Registered
556 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts