Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - for those that have skins, does it cover the sides too? I was thinking of getting a dark skin, but not sure if it will look right if the sides are white....

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Since the front and back angle in to meet pretty much around the edges, yes those get skinned too. There are still some sections that are white since they can't be skinned.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
marianner said:
I just got the Pixies skin, which is pretty dark, and I'm happy with it, but it does show the white Kindle between the skin pieces. I'll try to take a pic to post later so you can see for yourself.
Would you? Thanks so much! That was one i was considering but worried about the white...

Thanks for all the responses...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Yeah, like I said, I'm fine with it.  I can see where it might bother some people's ideal of a complete picture, but I think it is just enough to remind me that this is a Kindle, not a picture or something.  I know some people have also been worried about the design being a distraction, and that doesn't really bother me much either, at least since the first few minutes.  Now maybe if I was reading something really boring....;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just put on crest today and it shows the white like the pictures below. I did load the screensaver first and that helped with lining things up. I had to use directions from here because the directions that came with it didn't work for me (user error no doubt :-[). It took me awhile  and I had my tweezers out and my magnifying glass out to get things just right (I swear I don't have OCD). Once everything was on the white areas  look just fine. I put the 2 side pieces on first so I could line up the keyboard  and have everything pretty close to flowing in the pattern. I did  not put the skin on the back,  nor did I put the bonus charger skin on the charger. That is a bit much for me-LOL. So far I like it. Once I get my Tree of Life cover I'll be golden...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got a dark skin too (Burlwood) and did not like how much while space it left around most of the edges - so I took the outlines left on the wrapper and cut them into pieces, and fit them in where I could. It blends in well because the pattern is muted, but if you have a bold or multicolored pattern it won't work so well. Also, you have to be very patient working with all the little strips... :p

G

·
I got the Dark Burlwood because it reminded me of my favorite drink

I got the Dark Burlwood because it reminded me of my favorite drink

G

·
Any other what?  I don't actually have an account at decalgirl so I am bot sure how I am supposed to get the screensaver that goes with burlwood anyway.

After loosing all my screen savers trying to make that one, I finally got it right after i went through the trouble of manually reinstalling all of the old ones.  Now I want to move them out again so only my DR. Pepper one comes up.  hehe  I hope Dr. pepper doesn't try to sue me.  :)

Now I just have to sit back and wait for BJ to jump on me for playing dress up with it.

·
Super Moderator
67,486 Posts
Don't know about dress up. . . . but it's definitely product placement. . . . . .

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Vampyre said:
I don't actually have an account at decalgirl so I am bot sure how I am supposed to get the screensaver that goes with burlwood anyway.
There is a website and code for the decal matched screen saver. I'm sure if you emailed decagirl, they could give you the appropriate website and code.

G

·
In my rush to peal and stick all that stuff on my Kindle, I think I lost the paper that mentioned the code and the website.   I'm not worried about it.  I have a lot of pictures I can modify and make into Kindle screen savers.

I also got my replacement Mightybright light today.  All I need now is for someone to wake up and send me my  SD card.  I should of went to New Egg for it.  I've never had a problem with them.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts