Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one time i put a SkinIT on my laptop..relatively easily.  the thought of trying to get a skin on the face of a kindle 2 scares me...  any difference between decalGril and Skinit in the way of materials?  how hard was it to get the sking JUST RIGHT on the k2 and lastly... are decalGirl's front and back?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I haven't used a Skinit so can't speak to that...but, I find the DecalGirl skins very easy to apply. I thought the K2 skin was a little bit simpler because it didn't have as many pieces. Yes, they do come with skins for the front and back.

My photobucket is acting up right now, but when it gets back to normal, I'll post a picture of mine. I have Orient and really love it.

L

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was afraid at first to try a skin. I am very picky about how things look, and if I don't have it lined up just perfect it would drive me crazy.  I have long nails, so doing anything is a little more difficult. I found applying the decal girl skin on a K2 a snap. It took me less than 15 minutes. I found it was cut precisely. The front and back are one separate piece each and the buttons on the front are separate pieces. I love the look and would recommend it. My friend saw my K2 and asked me to apply her decal girl to her K1. That had more pieces, so it took a little longer, but it wasn't too hard.

Vicki

·
Registered
139 Posts
DecalGirl was very easy to apply and looks fantastic.  I really like how it feels when I'm holding it too.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If you order DecalGirl, I would probably suggest that you try the backside first just in case.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I found the skin to be frustrating to apply........not hard- it just took a while to get it "right" and even now [after 3 tries] it's still not perfect.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
since i have a little experience with the skinIT ones i opted for that, also its really easy to customize one... similiar to oneof the other 'Don't Panic' skins...  ordered... just hope ups can find me down here in south america... my luck it will arrive after i leave...  lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
I applied a 3acp skin to the GookBook™ last evening.  It was amazingly simple and looks great.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I found the Decalgirl skins to be very easy to apply to the front of the K (both 1 and 2). I had a hard time w/the back of K1, but K 2's back went on w/no problems. I haven't tried any other skins so can't comment on them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do the skins leave the cutout for the screen on the backing?  The reason I am asking is I was wondering if I could scan it and make my own screen saver to match.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts