Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see this posted yet, but I was looking at journals and I just saw the Large Pond Journal in Sky Blue! It's beautiful! I am ordering right now!

ETA: Looks like there are only a few offerings in the Sky Blue, although one of them is the ROH in the 6X9 journal. I don't see any Kindle Covers yet.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Acanthus Leaf and Ginkgo are both also available in Sky Blue!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I hope they offer these in the K2 covers soon. Well, maybe not to soon. I just got mine and I don't need another yet. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
SKY BLUE OK I'm hyperventilating............................ SKY BLUE has been spotted............... Can't be much longer before ROH for K1s will be offered in SKY BLUE , right?????

SKY BLUE
SKY BLUE
SKY BLUE
SKY BLUE

I'm fighting the urge to drop an email to Oberon, but my calmer side is telling me to give them time to get everything updated with SKY BLUE color choice.

In case anyone missed it Oberon is now offering a SKY BLUE color choice in some items.

OK, breath, slowly in and out................... OK I'm better now.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
That Triskellian Knot is lovely.  Too bad that's not a K2 cover!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Also, did you see this on http://www.oberondesign.com/store/kindleInfo1.php

The Oberon Kindle button selection:

The button for the Kindle cover is very different in construction from our journal buttons so they aren't interchangeable. The Kindle button has a much lower profile and attaches differently so that the body of the Kindle is protected.

It took us years to build up our current offerings of journal buttons. We are working on creating similar buttons that you see on the journals for the Kindle covers but it could take weeks or months as they have to be hand carved for mold making purposes and this takes time and money. We hope to have this project completed sooner rather than later! Please note though that, due to the secure way we attach the buttons we cannot change an your button on an existing Kindle cover.
Betsy

·
Registered
601 Posts
[doing happy dance] Yay!!! That blue is beautiful...i can't wait...do you think they are waiting to post the k2 covers in the off chance that they will make them available with the new buttons? I received an email from Oberon not too long ago that hinted at a really big secret about the buttons...hmmm.... ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I keep seeing references to when Oberon will start selling "K2 covers" in sky blue -- is this just because most of you own Kindle 2s, or do we have confirmation somewhere that Oberon won't be offering their first-generation Kindle covers in sky blue?  ???  I'd imagine it's the former, but I would just write "Kindle covers" if that were the case, so I'm curious...

·
Registered
601 Posts
jesspark said:
I keep seeing references to when Oberon will start selling "K2 covers" in sky blue -- is this just because most of you own Kindle 2s, or do we have confirmation somewhere that Oberon won't be offering their first-generation Kindle covers in sky blue? ??? I'd imagine it's the former, but I would just write "Kindle covers" if that were the case, so I'm curious...
I would assume they will be offering kk covers in sky blue, also, but I have not ever confirmed that with Oberon since now that my hubby has my old kk, he won't be asking for any sky blue covers :) at least i don't think he will...hmmm...

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I was just looking at the journals Wed. night but didn't see this.  Will take a look at it now.  Thanks for letting us know.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have to say, the sky blue in those pictures is very different from the peacock blue cover that Patrizia received as a gift. I wouldn't call that color sky blue, actually. It looks more indigo to me. Whatever, I like it. I'm not a turquoise sort of person and I think this is a much prettier blue.

L

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
They just decided to let it go this week.. they will start producing them on June 13, also take a look at the new buttons which will be out that day as well.. I just put a post up regarding it!

I am not sure the color I had will be duplicated.  I have not seen the actual shade yet.  They are also going to offer some things for the DX and have a few really great items in the works down the road.  They are in the process of updating some of the info but the actual sale date on these is as mentioned, June 13 (unless they change it again.. LOL)

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's really pretty, but looks different from Patrizia's blue cover.  I am SO in the doghouse for buying so many accessories for Tyrella, that I just cannot, cannot, will not buy yet.  I have to save up for anything else... Sigh, the love of beauty... ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am getting a DX (it arrives next week) and eagerly thinking about which Oberon cover I will get for it.

L

1 - 20 of 54 Posts