Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
Interesting article.  Though I do understand his point about being able to see all the headlines at once, I personally, don't find 'skimming' to be hard.  When the article list is shown, you see the first 3 lines of the article. . .if you click you can see the whole article, read as much as you want, and click back to go back to the articles list.  I wonder if he hasn't figured that part out.

The author indicates that he wants to know which articles are 'most important' as determined by headline size.  To me, what the editor deems most important -- giving it a bigger headline higher on the page, say -- might not be what I deem most important.  I kind of like the fact that they all have the same size headline; that way the reader gets to decide what is the most important. 

Perhaps it's not a perfect way to read a newspaper. . . .but I find it preferable:  I hate inky fingers and a full size newspaper just opens too wide to read comfortably unless I have a place to spread it out.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I hate saving up old newspapers to take to the recycling place.  I hate waiting for my slow newspaper delivery guy to get me the darn paper in the morning.  I like to read the morning paper while eating breakfast at the dining room table which I can't do with a computer unless I use a laptop and IMO that is too big.

Kindle solves all of these problems.

To me the downfalls of a kindle newspaper is I don't get the local news or letters to the editor, I have no way to easily share the sections with the other newspaper readers in the house and while I haven't tried a lot of the kindle newspapers yet, I don't think their are the daily comics in any of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts