Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious.....with the kindle is it better to put it into sleep mode for extended periods of non use time or is it best to simply turn it off? I know with computers it's generally best to put it into sleep mode and turn it off only once every few days......

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Turning it off isn't really off, it's just a variation on sleep. Watch it when it comes back on and you'll see what I mean. The only way to get it to restart is to do either a hard (paperclip in the back) or soft (alt-shift-R) reset.

I just leave mine on sleep all the time (when I am not reading, of course!).

L

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I thought when you go under the settings menu, then click menu again and you get other options, one of which is "restart" was like the paper clip, or alt-shift-r.  It certainly takes as long to restart  ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
red1 said:
I thought when you go under the settings menu, then click menu again and you get other options, one of which is "restart" was like the paper clip, or alt-shift-r. It certainly takes as long to restart ;D
Yes, that's another way to do a restart. I never think of that one because usually when someone needs to do a restart, their Kindle is frozen and they can't get to the menu.

Thanks for the reminder!

L

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I do it this way about once a week after I go into the setting and clear cookies ect. then restart.  I don't know why, and it may all be in my mind, but it seems to be having less hiccups since I started doing it.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I turn it off. I don't like the idea of the screen savers on my screen for a long period of time. I find it pretty easy to turn it on and off. I amin the habit of turning electronics off, I see no reason to get out of the habit with Tavar.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Sleep for mine as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.