Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the month started this way: Two low-ball offers on my house both of which were specious, a string of Three, Two, and one Star Reviews, Book drops from being in the top fifty for Thrillers > Spy Stories & Tales of Intrigue, and to top it off my crackberry takes a fatal dive out of my hands down a flight of stairs.

So, I had to go and get a replacement for the crackberry and settled on a Blackberry Torch (had to promise them that I would keep the service for another two years). Came home and had to do some things around the house so I couldn't get on the computer to check my numbers at all last night. So what happened? Turned on the computer and the first thing I saw was 16 books had been purchased. Went to my product page to check my standings and saw that I had once again returned to the fold (around top fifty) and saw that I had another review. With trembling fingers and a skipping heart beat, I scrolled down to the new reviews, expecting another beating and ....

found a delightful review of a print copy saying that the reader really enjoyed it, a lot. ;D

So I dedicate this song to all my kindred souls:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Sorry Phil, join the club mate. I raised the prices of my two books to $2.99 and they're dropping fast.

I woke up this morning to Amazon plugging their Summer Deals on my book page, BEFORE people even get to the description!  ::)

Which has forced me to reduce my prices again to 99cents.

I just took my frustrations out on a dead rose tree and replaced it with a blooming Rhodendron. Feel better now.  ;D

I'm sure that's one of many great reviews you'll receive this weekend.  ;)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Wow, rolley-coaster ride, huh? ;)

I feel the pain... I'm on day three of staring at the BBoS... a first for me (never saw it this long, I hate it).

Wife wants me to clean out the storage room in the basment... okay then, I will... it's ALL GOING TO THE TRASH! Then I'll feel better.  Haha.

-jb 8)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Hi Phil,

Hope things get better. I hope your new Blackberry Torch doesn't drive you as crazy as mine is driving me. It keeps doing things on its own--turning off the internet, taking photos of nothing, calling people. And when I try to use the touch screen, everything comes out wrong!!! It's inspiring a new short story--a thriller (maybe I'll throw it down some stairs). The only thing I like about it: it's easy to make the image bigger when I'm checking KDP.

Ok.

End of rant.

Suzanne

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SuzanneTyrpak said:
Hi Phil,

Hope things get better. I hope your new Blackberry Torch doesn't drive you as crazy as mine is driving me. It keeps doing things on its own--turning off the internet, taking photos of nothing, calling people. And when I try to use the touch screen, everything comes out wrong!!! It's inspiring a new short story--a thriller (maybe I'll throw it down some stairs). The only thing I like about it: it's easy to make the image bigger when I'm checking KDP.

Ok.

End of rant.

Suzanne
Suzanne turned in for the night secure in the belief that she had turned her Blackberry Torch off for the evening. As eventide turned to the black stillness of night, a tiny green light started blinking on and off on the putatively somnolent device. Somewhere in the early hours of the next day, the green blinking light stopped it repetitive cycle and stared at the ceiling with its devilish green stare. It was probably when Suzanne had slipped into a deep sleep that the green light abruptly ceased. In its place was the symbol of its life, as it turned itself on. With the levitation app that the Canadians had knowingly neglected to tell Suzanne, the Torch started its slow journey from the desk, up the darkened flight of stairs toward the bedroom in which Suzanne slept, its path illuminated by the soft bluish, comforting light of its browser which belied its evile intent......

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, just remember, Phil, if you ever feel the need to get away, you can just...

Slip out the back, Jack
Make a little plan, Stan
Hop on the bus, Gus
Drop off the key, Lee...

You get the idea. 8)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Philip Chen said:
Suzanne turned in for the night secure in the belief that she had turned her Blackberry Torch off for the evening. As eventide turned to the black stillness of night, a tiny green light started blinking on and off on the putatively somnolent device. Somewhere in the early hours of the next day, the green blinking light stopped it repetitive cycle and stared at the ceiling with its devilish green stare. It was probably when Suzanne had slipped into a deep sleep that the green light abruptly ceased. In its place was the symbol of its life, as it turned itself on. With the levitation app that the Canadians had knowingly neglected to tell Suzanne, the Torch started its slow journey from the desk, up the darkened flight of stairs toward the bedroom in which Suzanne slept, its path illuminated by the soft bluish, comforting light of its browser which belied its evile intent......
LOL

It's got a red eye, Phil!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
SuzanneTyrpak said:
Hi Phil,

Ok.

End of rant.

Suzanne
Wow, I'd call and see if they could replace my phone. That's just...strange. I doubt every Torch is doing that.

I'd bet they would replace it.

Vicki

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BrianKittrell said:
It's a good thing we're not in real estate all the time; that's a real cutthroat business. If I get low-balled really crazy, I counter with the asking price of the property/house. That really p***** them off, LOL!
I wanted to counter with a commensurately higher offer. My agent was not amused. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts