Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else experiencing slow sales during this holiday?

This happened during the last holiday too, but I'd like to confirm this pattern so I don't FREAK OUT when the next holiday rolls on in - LOL.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
A little slower than I anticipated.  I think the Big Publishers have flooded the market with freebies and cheapies.

Dana

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've noticed that sales slow down during the holidays so I ignore KDP at these times (hard to do) and concentrate on just writing.
It works for a little while.  :)

Angelina

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have had a sales increase over the holiday weekend. But this could be the result of an earlier KND ad that broke last Tuesday. I could be benefiting from more travelers searching for humorous reads too.  Whatever the cause, I'm grateful for every sale.

Time to catch some rays and do some reading myself!

I'm taking a break from a marathon stint of writing. I've written so much during the past two weeks that I've injured my back from sitting at the computer for too many hours without a break.  Take my advice: Don't do what I did. It's important to get up and stretch, walk around, and take breaks. I've learned my lesson.

·
Registered
533 Posts
As an online retailer, selling mostly bits (instead of physical products), there are 2 main types of holiday:

* Indoor Holidays - New Years, Xmas, Thanksgiving, and so on. Usually happen in the winter. Peope get together, eat and/or drink, and then spend the rest of the day looking for something interesting to do. Indoor holidays are lovely.

* Outdoor Holidays - Memorial Day, Labor, 4th of July, etc. Usually happen in the summer or early fall. People get together, eat and/or drink--but they do it outside. They're not looking fo the Web to entertain. Outdoor holidays are lovely--but only if you use the day to go enjoy yourself. Sales will tend to suck.

Go outside. Grill a burger. Have fun. :)

-David

·
Registered
559 Posts
Interesting observation, David RM.  Thanks for sharing that.

Does it then extend across the entire "outdoor season"? IOW, is summer overall lower-selling than winter?

TIA ... off to do some planting before the grilling :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Patricia McLinn said:
Interesting observation, David RM. Thanks for sharing that.

Does it then extend across the entire "outdoor season"? IOW, is summer overall lower-selling than winter?
This is my first summer selling ebooks. Ask me next year. :)

That said...
* My experience with online games was: Summer ROCKS! Kids are home from school and spending their parents's money. Winter is good too (everyone stays inside), and spring is usually OK. Fall SUCKS.
* My experience with software is: Summer isn't that great. But still better than fall. Winter and spring are both good, though. I suspect ebook sales will follow this trend, but, again, I'm still somewhat new. Published my first ebook in September 2010.

I call September and October the "Fall Meltdown". I'm curious if the Fall Meltdown will extend to ebooks.

-David

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I have died in the UK - sold only one copy of either title in 5 days, and one is a new release, out a week. Before that I was selling 1 a day in the UK.

It's the opposite in the US, I had slow or no sales during the week, and they resumed normal levels this weekend - 5 a day or so.

Dave

·
Registered
279 Posts
Things have come to a halt here as well, but there is always tomorrow...  Many people are outside having a good time as was mentioned above, but it is getting almost too hot for that here in AZ.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yesterday was pretty good for me. Today nothing.

Larry Buttram

·
Registered
440 Posts
Maybe slow, but I'm quite pleased, because after going live on the 18th, or 10 days ago, my Sherlock short book just had it's 10th sale, 8 on amazon kindle.com and 2 on .uk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts