Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I've noticed a HUGE performance degradation on my kindle as soon as I started loading mobi formatted books.  Has anyone else seen this as well?  I've gone through the entire site, and haven't found much.  I've done multiple soft and hard resets.  No change.  Menus and everything else is slow.  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
If you just loaded the books on there, especially if you put a lot on at one time, it's probably indexing. Stop resetting, as that will interrupt the process. Just let it work for a while, leave it on overnight, and I bet it'll be better in the morning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Books are physically on the device.  I loaded them on Sunday, so I do not believe this is an indexing issue.  It is slow on all operations: reading, opening, closing books, and scrolling through the master book list.

The lag/delay is most noticeable while reading any mobi formatted book.  I've timed page turns that take 30 seconds.  Books aren't particularly large, 300-400 pages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
roz said:
Books are physically on the device. I loaded them on Sunday, so I do not believe this is an indexing issue. It is slow on all operations: reading, opening, closing books, and scrolling through the master book list.

The lag/delay is most noticeable while reading any mobi formatted book. I've timed page turns that take 30 seconds. Books aren't particularly large, 300-400 pages.

I'll give it until the end of the week. After that I'm yanking the books off, and I'll just use the PRS-505 we also have to read those particular books. I'll see if the performance issue still exists after I remove the mobi formatted books.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts