Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya everyone,

I'm a bit impressed with the way my book's doing in the kindle market. My book has been added to over 100 people's shelves in just a week plus. It's amazing. Although the sales aren't coming as expected, but I know with time they will. It's all about patience, and I am willing to wait.

Do you think there's any other promotional tool out there that I haven't tried except advertisement on sites like KND, Facebook, Goodreads or here on KB? Apart from those I've tried the usual, book trailer, staring a blog tour soon, sending copies out for reviews etc. but yet not really seen much improvement in sales. Is there any other marketing tool I haven't tried?

To know everything about this book, LS: The Beginning and all I've been doing to promote it, check out my blog at http://icire.blogspot.com .

Kind Regards
Kelvin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats on writing and publishing your books. Below are a few actions that may assist you.

1) Increase your product description on both books.
2) Mention both books in each of your product descriptions.
3) Increase your tag/keywords. This is highly recommended.
4) Keep writing/publishing more books.

·
Registered
816 Posts
We really need to decide on a definition of slow, because these threads are wildly depressing.

"Sweet, slow sales! Someone else who understands my pain!"

*clicks thread*

"100 sales in the first week?!"

G

·
Millard said:
We really need to decide on a definition of slow, because these threads are wildly depressing.

*clicks thread*

100 sales in the first week is not slow.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Millard said:

*clicks thread*

LOL! My thoughts exactly! I would've taken that my first week in a heartbeat.

It takes patience. That's the bottom line, and it sounds like you're doing a lot, Kelvin... and man, you're doing WAY better than most people in their first week! Just keep that in mind. ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm not sure "100 people's shelves"=100 sales.  They rankings seem on the low side for 100 sales.  I average around 30-50 depending on the week and stay between 10-25,000 ranking.

Maybe he means on Goodreads???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Kelvin,

Use the goodreads giveaway program. I think it's the most publicity you can get for the money. As I stated in another message, I've given away 15 books, at a cost of about of about $75-$80, and had over 2,000 people sign-up for them. Good Luck.

larry Buttram
www.larrybuttram.com

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I just took a quick peek at your Fast Forward book. The cover isn't *bad* but it's not wonderful. However, IMO the product description isn't compelling enough. It could use a boost. When you scroll down to the bottom of the page and see

22% buy the item featured on this page

it says that people are going to the page, but not being "sold" on the book by the cover and/or the description. I'd start there before you spend money on advertising. Try to get it up to at least "50% buy the item featured on this page."

JMO, of course. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JRainey said:
LOL! My thoughts exactly! I would've taken that my first week in a heartbeat.

It takes patience. That's the bottom line, and it sounds like you're doing a lot, Kelvin... and man, you're doing WAY better than most people in their first week! Just keep that in mind. ;)
Aw, thanks JRainey. with those words alone, I won't bother about marketing till I release the sequel during september..hahah...just kidding, but I appreciate this.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
julie sellers said:
I'm not sure "100 people's shelves"=100 sales. They rankings seem on the low side for 100 sales. I average around 30-50 depending on the week and stay between 10-25,000 ranking.

Maybe he means on Goodreads???
Yeah, exactly...Haha...I need to have made that clear. I meant on GOODREADS...haha. I was wondering where the 100 sales discussion was coming from. My bad, sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jhanel said:
I had 11 sales last WEEK!.... and I'm dancing for joy. If I had 30 per DAY, I'd quit my job and (and starve)... Maybe that's why God isn't allowing me to sell that many each week yet. HAH!
Very hilarious JHanel. I love seeing posts like yours, because one always laughs at the end :)

Larry Buttram said:
Kelvin,

Use the goodreads giveaway program. I think it's the most publicity you can get for the money. As I stated in another message, I've given away 15 books, at a cost of about of about $75-$80, and had over 2,000 people sign-up for them. Good Luck.

larry Buttram
www.larrybuttram.com
Thanks Larry. I know about the giveaway program. I'm waiting for createspace to place my book on Amazon before I commence. Thanks for the advice though

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kcmay said:
I just took a quick peek at your Fast Forward book. The cover isn't *bad* but it's not wonderful. However, IMO the product description isn't compelling enough. It could use a boost. When you scroll down to the bottom of the page and see

22% buy the item featured on this page

it says that people are going to the page, but not being "sold" on the book by the cover and/or the description. I'd start there before you spend money on advertising. Try to get it up to at least "50% buy the item featured on this page."

JMO, of course. :)

Okay thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts