Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted my short stories' wordcounts and approx page counts in the blurb.  Smashwords just came back on my first story awaiting approval for Premium Catologue (yeah, I know it's misspelled).  They said to REMOVE the page count.  Odd.  I'll do it, but how odd.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Smashwords lists the word count for you. Maybe there's something in their agreement with vendors about not having page counts. Just a guess.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Smashwords rejected a revision of my 1st novel for the same reason, but they accepted my 2nd with a wordcount a few weeks ago. Go figure!

·
Registered
222 Posts
There is a big difference between page counts and word counts.

There is no way to do an accurate page count. Different devices have different screen sizes and Smashwords has many formats. Also what can impact page counts is people make the text that they view different sizes. What can be a 100 page count for some can be a 150 page count for another.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Normally I would say approx * paperback pages, but for some reason I didn't do it on that one.  I just removed  reference to number of pages per their request.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Thanks for this thread! I just went back and removed the page count from a book I uploaded there last night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts