Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how long it takes Smashwords to remove titles from other sites once you opt out and/or what would happen if I publish a book through pubit that is already on barnes and noble through smashwords?

I already e-mailed pubit's customer service to find out/ request they remove it because i figure that will be faster but I have no patience and figured someone here might know the answer.

·
Registered
681 Posts
In my case, the book was gone pretty soon once I opted out (a few days, I guess). But beware, because I did the same thing with Kobo and I've had trouble. I opted out of Kobo dstribution because through Smashwords, it took bloody AGES for it to appear in the store. So I opted out and went to Writing Life to upload my book directly. It's now been in review for over 96 hours and still, nothing. So it might conflict with available data on B&N if you want to do it too quickly. I suggest you sit it out until you see your book disappear from the B&N store and then pubit! yourself.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I also opted out of Kobo because I was getting sick of waiting and uploaded directly through them. Smashwords is great in theory but all this waiting for things to appear, books on different channels and number of downloads and/or sales on those channels is just driving me nuts!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting a bit frustrated with Smashwords too.. I mean, it's a nice platform for indies, but I haven't seen any significant sales on SW yet (7 directly of which 6 were people I e-mailed with a coupon) and zero sales through the premium catalogue thing...). I would use PubIt! if they let me (they don't accept submission from authors outside the US)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That really stinks that you can only publish directly through them if you're in the US. Hopefully in the future they will open to everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts