Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
ndrake said:
Hi all,

Sorry if I'm repeating a subject, but I recently placed five books on Smashwords. Four of the books were approved for the Premium catalog, while one was rejected for hidden bookmarks. OK, so I went to where you insert them (Word 2010) clicked the check box several times and nothing. I don't have a TOC, I was relying on Meatgrinder to pull it together from the word Chapter. I Googled the problem and used the option menu to show hidden bookmarks, still nothing. I had carefully stripped out all formatting and went through each book line by line to make sure they were clean. I do not see anything out of the ordinary at all; just the formatting you would expect. Hmmmmmm

Has anyone else had this problem, and am I missing something. I write professionally for a living but am not a Word expert.
Hi Ndrake, I had the same thing happen to me. It was telling me that there were book marks to delete but I couldn't find any. What I did in the end (which solved it for me) was to copy it, open up word seperately and pasted it. I then looked at the book mark area again and there was some to delete, after I deleted them I tried smashwords again and it went up, picking the chapter headings up as it did so.

Hope that helps.

Carl

ps MS Word is an enigma wrapped in a mystery, and can never be fully understood by the likes of us mere mortals. lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Also, make sure you have this program on your computer desktop, it's free: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/

Smashwords goes by this software, so when you've uploaded your book get the epub file of said book and check it out with this software. If it looks perfect it will go through, if it looks wrong it won't and needs to be fixed. Whenever it hasn't gone right for me it usually shows a paragraph or two that are in a different font size. This allows you to know if it's going to be rejected ahead of time so that you can fix whatever the problem is and re-upload.

All the best.

Carl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.