Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Can I just start by making it clear that what I'm confused about is whether or not my short stories have actually been submitted to the premium catalogue.

Right, so I've added some work, and at first I was getting autovetter messages, so I went away and:

- Followed the guidelines
- Checked my picture dimensions
- Checked the NCX
- Verified that the EPUB was sound
- Performed the nuclear option

Now, I have no autovetter complaints. HOWEVER, when I look at my short stories it still says 'this book requires modification,' although it also says it is now 'pending review,' and has been sent away to be reviewed. There are no messages of things I need to fix now.

So have they been sent for review? Or haven't they? Is there perhaps something obvious that I'm missing!?

Why would it say both 'requires modification' and 'sent for review?'

Gaaah!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
There should be a link that lets you see the details for the "required" modifications. If it says something along the lines of "Congratulations! Your file contains no errors and has been submitted for review," the message is probably a holdover from the errors you had previously. I suspect it tells the reviewer to make sure the former AutoVetter errors have been fixed.

·
Registered
366 Posts
In which case, it usually takes a few days for a manual review by a Smashwords employee who will check to see if the errors have been fixed, and then approve it for premium. When you have fixed your errors and uploaded the corrected file, look for a button that says "Submit for review" and click on that; sometimes, that is not necessary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah yes, I think hopefully this is what has happened. It does say it's been submitted for review anyway, so I'll just leave it for a spell and hope something happens.

Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts