Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Forever!

I have submitted my books then had to fix the particulars a few times.  If your formatting isn't perfect they tell you to fix it and resubmit it.  I'm waiting to see if the third times a charm.  Good luck to you.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's a tough call.  I submitted, passed the autovetter, but an error was discovered on manual review with my TOC.  I struggled to fix it, but it was a weird one.  I finally got it fixed, and then had a professional from Mark's list look it over, and she gave it the thumbs up that it would pass.  I resubmitted June 27, and still pending manual review.  I'm hoping for some news sometime this week.

I'm cool with the submission process.  I know they're swamped over there.  I just hate the waiting! ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Here's what I just learned today (and I may be wrong), but every time I edit information on my book, it says new submitted date under pending review.  Maybe that is what is taking so long?

·
Registered
466 Posts
gregoryblackman said:
Here's what I just learned today (and I may be wrong), but every time I edit information on my book, it says new submitted date under pending review. Maybe that is what is taking so long?
The date does restart every time you make a change to the contents, but I don't think it restarts if you just make changes to the book info. Only changes to the actual file you've uploaded. And I haven't made any changes at all, aside from generating coupons, since the 27th...

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
It's taken me 2 weeks to have the books approved and another 2 weeks to get most of them on B&N, but most haven't gone to KOBO or Apple yet.

Another problem is a week ago they ran out of free ISBN'S so I have a book that can't even  be reviewed for the premium catalogue. I am teckoning on 6 weeks for the books to arrive at all destinations apart from KOBO who can't cope with above a certain amount per week.

·
Registered
466 Posts
PJJones said:
I am getting ready to submit but I paid a pro $20 to format so fingers crossed! PJ
I tried to pay a pro... but she couldn't find any more problems to fix, so she just built me a NCX file and called it even... lol Then again, if it's rejected this time, I'll send it back and ask for the fine-tooth-comb treatment... and I have no qualms about paying this time! ;)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Today must be my lucky day because Romance Novel posted in about ten minutes from the time I uploaded it to Smashwords. It was really worth it to pay somebody. Here is who I used:

Lucinda K. Campbell
Email: [email protected]

Also, below is my Smashword's link. Am I dreaming? Did it really only take a few minutes after all the horror stories I've heard from all the author loops? They also let author decide how much the reader can sample, which I like as well. I have the first three chapters, which I think is good for a novella.

[URL=http://www.smashwords]http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/73160[/url]

Here's my only complaint. They ran out of ISBNs and I have to pay if I want one. Do I want one?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Okay, so it's not premium yet. What the heck does that mean? LOL! I saw it on the front page of new Smashwords books yesterday. Thanks! PJ

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I submitted Midnight Reflections on 6/28.  Still waiting for the manual review, but they said they hired two new people and it might take a while to train them to do the reviews, so they're backlogged.

I bought the ISBN from Smashwords because they ran out of the free ones, and it was only $9.95.  If you buy from Bowker it's about $125, from what I understand, so that's a deal from Smashwords.  Many people, though, are waiting for the free ones to come in. 

·
Registered
466 Posts
PJJones said:
Okay, so it's not premium yet. What the heck does that mean? LOL! I saw it on the front page of new Smashwords books yesterday. Thanks! PJ
Premium distribution means that your book can be purchased at other sites, like the Sony Reader store, B&N, Apple, etc. But if you paid someone, I wouldn't worry too much... they usually guarantee their work, and if it's rejected from premium, she'll likely fix it for you to try again...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I submitted Sunday night so I guess I have quite a wait! I fixed 3 Autovetter errors and I hope there will not be any others. I did upload separately to B&N through PubIt as I read this allowed more tags and such and seems to result in higher sales...we'll see.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Midnight Reflections was just approved for the Premium Catalogue today.  Yay.

It took 15 days for the manual review.  So I guess that's about average for the wait time now.  I just uploaded The Necromancer yesterday, so expect to wait about two weeks to see if it passes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
At least I know I'm not the only one. What I don't understand is that on the day I uploaded mine there were already books in the premium catalog that had been published that day. So what are they doing to get their books instantly approved? Might be worth knowing...

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
My latest took 8 days to get into premium (including weekend days in that count). It got shipped a week later to B&N and Apple another week on top of that. I don't distribute to the others at the moment as they take too long to update price changes. The process is faster than it used to be.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts