Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the "linked in member library" tab signify? How is this information useful/helpful?
Thanks for any help. ;)

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
When you bring up a book's page in Smashwords, there's a "[add to library]" link just below the cover image. This will place the book in your library (which is one of the tabs across the top.)

To find out how many readers have placed your books in their librarys, the 'Linked in member library' column on the dashboard shows that number.

Also, books you've purchased are automatically added to your library.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, SWolf.  It makes sense that if I buy a book, it shows up in my library.  I might be missing something, still, however.

If I have 4 times as many "linked ins" as I have "books sold," what does that indicate? In other words, are there ways to have something linked in library without anyone having made a purchase?  ???

·
Registered
368 Posts
cidneyswanson said:
Thanks, SWolf. It makes sense that if I buy a book, it shows up in my library. I might be missing something, still, however.

If I have 4 times as many "linked ins" as I have "books sold," what does that indicate? In other words, are there ways to have something linked in library without anyone having made a purchase? ???
You can add a book to your library even if you don't buy it. I would suspect it is a good way of keeping track of the samples you have downloaded so you can find the books again.

Mike

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I have four or five times as many sales as I have "linked in member libraries".

I'm guessing the library thing is kind of like a Wish List, and doesn't get added there when they buy.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
dgaughran said:
I have four or five times as many sales as I have "linked in member libraries".

I'm guessing the library thing is kind of like a Wish List, and doesn't get added there when they buy.
If you click on the Library tab, this note appears at the top:

Welcome to your Library at Smashwords. This page gives you quick access to books you've purchased. You may also click "Add to Library" on a book's overview page and it will be added to your collection here - useful for free books or books you're sampling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts