Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
S.L. Baum said:
It means that you can now sell at Kobo, Diesel, Sony, Apple, B&N, and Amazon (I can't remember if I am forgetting any :D )
Just go to the distribution sales manager on Smashwords and choose where you want them to send the book.
Currently, Smashwords doesn't distribute to Amazon. They've been working on a deal for a while now, but it keeps being pushed off. You have to go through KDP to get your book on Amazon.

And unless they've changed something, the Smashwords default is you are sent to all their distributors, and if you don't want to be, you have to go in and turn them off individually.

Also, in order to be distibuted to Sony and Apple, you have to have an ISBN. Just opt for the free one from Smashwords.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! That answered my question perfectly. My books were already on Amazon (Through KDP), and BN (through pubit) but I just wanted to put the first one of each series on smashwords so that I could gift copies when I wanted without having to buy my own book 50 million times.

One other question. I just made book 1 of my trilogy free on smashwords last week, but I checked the applestore and it is still selling for 99 cents. do you know how long it takes to update on all those sites...? I've been reading that to reverse to free affect it takes about a month to 6 weeks...it it the same for it to GO free...?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Yes.  So make sure you REALLY want it to be free for 6 weeks before you let it go free on these other sites.  Kobo, in particular, can take months to update.  Sony too.  Apple tends to be pretty quick.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, no problem with letting it go for free :) I have so much other stuff I'm working on, my main focus is to build a reader fan base. I know I've heard a lot of biased opinions about going free or not going free, but I'm hoping to bring more sales to the other books in the trilogy, so keeping my fingers crossed :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts