Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the site updates on Smashwords:

Q4 earnings payments will start going out today. All paper checks will go in the mail today. PayPal payments start going out today and will be completed over the next few days. I'll post a note here when all payment processing has been completed.
Yay!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at PayPal, I got mine too, but I can't quite tell if it's for one of me or both of me. I would assume that if I have two pen names and accounts, I'd get two different payments, but... this is the first time it's come up, and I really don't know.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Got my payment too!

MegHarris said:
I can't quite tell if it's for one of me or both of me. I would assume that if I have two pen names and accounts, I'd get two different payments, but... this is the first time it's come up, and I really don't know.
Meg, wait for the Quarterly Earnings Mapping Report to appear in the drop down. (Mine's not there yet). This should show you which books and sales are covered in this payment.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I looked in my PayPal, nothing yet.
It would be there and not in my bank acc, right?
Will check again:)

G

·
Lisa Scott said:
I've always requested the check because I assumed paypal would take their typical fee. Do they take a fee?
No. I've never had a fee deducted. I believe Smashwords uses the bulk payment option (which is what most vendors do). I'd have to check but most of the vendors that use bulk payment typically deduct $1 from the payout to cover the cost (when you use bulk payment, the vendor pays a fee to Paypal instead of Paypal deducting the fee from you).

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
My 2012 "sales and payments" still reflects a number of transactions for which the "Balance Updated?" column still says No.  My assumption is that those sales still need to be added to the current (running) total.  Is everyone else's sales amount updated already?  Or does "balance updated" not mean what I think it means? (which is, that the balance has been updated.  Durrr.)    ???

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
No. I've never had a fee deducted. I believe Smashwords uses the bulk payment option (which is what most vendors do). I'd have to check but most of the vendors that use bulk payment typically deduct $1 from the payout to cover the cost (when you use bulk payment, the vendor pays a fee to Paypal instead of Paypal deducting the fee from you).
Thanks. Paypal would be much easier and quicker than a check.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Lisa Scott said:
Thanks. Paypal would be much easier and quicker than a check.
I've never had a fee taken out by Paypal. It's a much better method for me than both cheque or EFT since my bank charges a fee for either method when dealing with foreign currency.

LisaGraceBooks said:
Nothing yet. But a question, when it shows up in my Paypal account, do I have to tell Paypal to transfer it to my bank? I did set up ETF on Paypal.
I do it manually. It's very quick and easy. Not sure if there's a method of setting it up automatically, though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm still waiting for mine. I don't get paypal payments for my royalties. I opted for a check in the mail. Usually, they email and I'll have something directly from Smashwords that says "Smashwords just sent you a check!" But it's not happening this time. They haven't even updated the payments tab on my dashboard, and when I emailed Smashwords about it, I got a reply the same day from someone named "Aaron". He seemed frustrated that I bothered to ask, and told me everything that I didn't need to hear about paypal payments and he left one sentence about the check payments saying that it can take up to three weeks. *sigh*, well I hope to hear something soon.  :)

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I opted for a check in the mail. Usually, they email and I'll have something directly from Smashwords that says "Smashwords just sent you a check!" But it's not happening this time. They haven't even updated the payments tab on my dashboard...
My balance on SW hasn't been updated either, although I have now gotten both payments via PayPal. Also, if it helps, SW claims they sent the paper checks out first:

Q4 earnings payments will start going out today. All paper checks will go in the mail today. PayPal payments start going out today and will be completed over the next few days. I'll post a note here when all payment processing has been completed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts