Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless mine eyes deceive me, Smashwords has recently updated its sales reports. iTunes is now showing a balance through February 2.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Awesome! I have a nice crop of sales waiting for me on iTunes to make me feel better about my slow Amazon week. :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Wow, I sold 5 on Apple through them. Was not expecting that. Such a shame sales reporting wasn't in realtime, because I wouldn't have pulled them had I known they were... ahem... selling.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Six (yes, 6) Apple sales for the month; four from Australia (thanks guys!) and two from the US (and thank you also!). Not quite as exciting as I was hoping for, but at least there is some movement there.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I've sold more in the UK via Apple this time. Usually it's an interesting mix of currencies, as is Kobo - though I do sell more in Canada than anywhere else through Kobo. At first I thought it was just my cousins buying them but I don't have that many cousins!
Thanks for letting us know - good to be nudged into looking there.

·
Registered
356 Posts
BenEBrewer said:
How do you see in Smashwords where each sale has come from?
Go to Dashboard - Sales and Payment Report - 2013 (or whatever year).

Last month was my best so far on Apple - still not brilliant, but better than the two or three sales I usually make. And one from Mexico! My reach is expanding.

·
Registered
178 Posts
kurzon said:
Go to Dashboard - Sales and Payment Report - 2013 (or whatever year).

Last month was my best so far on Apple - still not brilliant, but better than the two or three sales I usually make. And one from Mexico! My reach is expanding.
Thanks a lot! :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I checked Smashwords and saw that I had more royalties than last time... I got really excited and then I found I had sold on Smashwords self, not somewhere else :p

I've had my books in other distribution things for months, haven't sold a thing. Only places I sell are Amazon (US & UK) and Smashwords.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
woot! 2 whole sales on Apple. Not much for many of you, but a hella lot for me. grin. thanks for urging us to check

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Wow - Apple was a big goose egg. That's not good. Looks like December was a big goose egg all around.

Going back to my WIP - it's been too long since I published anything new.

·
Registered
334 Posts
SW distributes to 50 territories via Apple, so lots of opportunity for sales when I get around to translating something.

32.81 EUR (I'm guessing Germany but this could be any Euro member country)
276.96 CAD (Canada)
488.45 GBP (Britain)
598.58 AUD (Australia)
$1677.49 (US)
33.03 MXN (Mexico) (1 sale)
24.02 NOK (Norway) (2 sales)
6.02 NZD (New Zealand) (2 sales)

Out of curiosity has anybody seen sales in any other territories? Brazil or India specifically? Last year it was indicated these were the countries with the highest ebook adoption rate aside from the UK, AU and US.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Out of curiosity has anybody seen any other territories? Brazil or India specifically? Last year it was indicated these were the counties with the highest ebook adoption rate aside from the UK, AU and US.
I'm curious also. Is anyone selling well in any of those places? I'll add Japan to that list as well.

·
Registered
366 Posts
kathrynoh said:
Lanette, how do you know which countries you've sold in?
On the Sales & Payment Report page, down in the spreadsheet where sales are listed, in the Sale Location column. Most vendors list the country the sale came from.

NO = Norway

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
OMGoodness, I sold 15 on Apple in all of 2012. I have a big 65 there now for 2013! WooHoo!! They must have loved my FREE book and got more. Yeah!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts