Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Uhm, why wouldn't they? I mean, I have a serial of some sorts and simply publish them as they come out ... Or do you mean that they don't have that serial feature Amazon has?  ???

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Smashwords have, sadly, never published serials.  If they discover you are doing one they ask you to remove it.

Not sure why, but it is the way they do things.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
A. S. Warwick said:
Smashwords have, sadly, never published serials. If they discover you are doing one they ask you to remove it.

Not sure why, but it is the way they do things.
I so so so so so wanted to post some covers of examples that Smashwords DOES allow people to publish, but that would violate TOS and good taste.

I can see them holding up some sort of standard about how things are labeled so consumers are aware of what they're getting ... but this has always puzzled me. I think they brought it in to stop people posting works-in-progress, so perhaps it just needs updating, if serials are a "thing" now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm glad that I didn't upload my serial on Smashwords, it would have been gone, and I'm happy that I went with Select in the last two days because my second episode got over 1000 downloads going free.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
So publish as a serial in select, then when it's complete add the whole work, still broken into parts wuthin one volume, on smashwords.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts