Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First two chapters at the publisher's site. You can read the first book (Dead Witch Walking) for free online, but its easier to sample it.

I would recommend this series to Janet Evanovich fans. This is like a supernatural version of the Stephanie Plum series. I would also recommend this to Laurell K Hamilton fans, too. (note that it isn't smutty like the Anita Blake or Merry Gentry series)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
This is like a supernatural version of the Stephanie Plum series.
I enjoy that series from time to time. Any faves?

G

·
As much as I love Kim's books I never read advance chapters of her books or anyone else's.  It'd be like getting a tasty appetizer and then having to wait 2 weeks for th meal.  Screw that.  :)

I may wait until the day before release to get a good jump on the book though.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's okay. I haven't read the first two chapters for the same reason...my bff is suffering now that she read it.

G

·
I have heard that they will eventually release the first 6 chapters for reading on line.  I'll read them the day before I download the book.  :)

G

·
patchymama said:
I'm torn, I really want to read the sneak peak, but then it will be torture waiting for the book to come out. *sigh* I love Kim Harrison
I'm going to wait and read it Monday on the EOS site. Then I'll just have to wait one day before i can read the rest.

Seeing how you live in Vegas, you do have some access to another fine author, Vicki Pettersson. All of her books are set there. She has done many signings at the Clark County Library.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Vampyre said:
I'm going to wait and read it Monday on the EOS site. Then I'll just have to wait one day before i can read the rest.

Seeing how you live in Vegas, you do have some access to another fine author, Vicki Pettersson. All of her books are set there. She has done many signings at the Clark County Library.
Oh cool! A friend passed me one of her books to read and I just haven't taken time out from the kindle to do it yet. Maybe I will do that after I finish up the Black Dagger series.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
patchymama said:

I'm torn, I really want to read the sneak peak, but then it will be torture waiting for the book to come out. *sigh* I love Kim Harrison
Oh yeah, I hate when that happens and have to wait forever. Feels like eternity. :(

G

·
This is her first book. I thought it's a little rough around the edges,but it is a good story and Showgirl (my nick name for Vicki) is one of the nicest people that I almost know.

She sent me an autographed thingie that I didn't even ask for. I thought it was very cool of her to do so.

Just 2 short weeks until Kim's book comes out. I try to read them as slowly as I can but it's hard to do. This will the first of her's on my Kindle. I will also have the hard bound one for her to sign along with 3 others. I hope her hand doesn't cramp up. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts