Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you know that you can snoop to see what everybody on the forum is doing?

To snoop, click on the dynamically creates guest/user count on the bottom left of the forum window, in the topic Users Online.

It shows who's on line and what they're reading or posting, including unregistered guests.

When I'm lost, I find it more useful than GPS. ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
OMGoodness...I thought I 'felt' someone watching me!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Teninx said:
To all who scoff at my tinfoil hat: See?

OK Jeff, so you can see where I am on Kindleboards. Now what am I thinking?

;D
Teninx, do you make extra tinfoil hats? Looks like we all are going to be needing them now...just think who else can be watching us, governments, police, aliens....

·
Registered
509 Posts
All kidding aside, I'm reading an interesting book by James Bamford: "The Shadow Factory: The Ultrasecret NSA From 9/11 to the Eavesdropping On America". It's quite obvious that the author has a bone to pick with the outgoing Administration, and I always look at disclosures of secret programs with a skeptical eye (If it's THAT secret, how does he know?") but that being said I find it to be a plausible assesment of the capabilities of intelligence agencies.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Teninx said:
Oh, and by the way, Sailor....maybe I can make tinfoil hats as prizes for the Kindleboards Kindle Birthday Celebration.
Yes, tinfoil hats as our prizes...wooo hoooo! Harvey would love that. Can you make mine a Sailor Hat? LOL

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Teninx said:
All kidding aside, I'm reading an interesting book by James Bamford: "The Shadow Factory: The Ultrasecret NSA From 9/11 to the Eavesdropping On America". It's quite obvious that the author has a bone to pick with the outgoing Administration, and I always look at disclosures of secret programs with a skeptical eye (If it's THAT secret, how does he know?") but that being said I find it to be a plausible assesment of the capabilities of intelligence agencies.
I was stationed at Fort George G. Meade in the mid 1960's and I can tell you that way back then, NSA was so compartmentalized that no hundred people in collaboration could possible disclose anything important.

One of the NSA's published patents describes a method of penetrating tinfoil hats. ;)

They also have one (no kidding) for geographically locating an individual computer site in an Internet-like network based upon the latency of multiple network connections. I think this was essentially your explanation of how the Kindle GPS function works.

JSH

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sailor: Maybe one of those fancy British Admiralty hats (think "Mutiny on the Bounty). I'm ex-Army, so it will probably end up looking like a beret, though.

Jeff: TIN is an acronym: Tempest-Inspired Noggin. ;D

Angela, you're on the list!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Teninx said:
Sailor: Maybe one of those fancy British Admiralty hats (think "Mutiny on the Bounty). I'm ex-Army, so it will probably end up looking like a beret, though.
Thank You for your service Teninx for Our Great Country. We all are enjoying the freedom our service men and women have brought to us!

Yes, a fancy Mutiny hat...pirate themed...arggghhhh, berets are nice too...sort of like the newspaper hats we would make as kids.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts