Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the crow flies we live 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. It is snowing for the first time in 15 years.  I will try to get pictures when it gets a bit lighter outside.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
How exciting tc! Can't wait to see the photos, Are you in TX? I am in Alabama & they are predicting snow, tyring not to get my hopes up though. It is *very* rare here so we enjoy. Our last "big" snow 4 inches was in 1995.
Linda

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in south Louisiana.  This is big time for us.  There have been several crashes due to the snow.  These Cajuns don't know how to drive in sneaux.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Big news here is that it's not snowing, but raining. I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas...we don't have to shovel rain.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Snow here too in the Chicago suburbs.  Came earlier than usual this year -- December 1.  It rained yesterday morning.  Forecasting high temperature of 42 on Sunday?!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Brr... As much as I like to play in the snow, I don't like the cold aspect of it. I like the idea that I am able to wear capris during this time of year this year.

Still you gotta throw that one snowball at someone....like a sibling if they are close enough

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well here is a picture. It is all gone now.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I had several friends and family from down in Houston email me pictures of the snow they got yesterday afternoon and last night. Of course it is all gone now!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are about 5 houses right close that have those icicle lights.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
tc said:
I am in south Louisiana. This is big time for us. There have been several crashes due to the snow. These Cajuns don't know how to drive in sneaux.
You're not kidding. The snow down south just made the national news and there were some shots of some pretty spectacular crashes.

L

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wahhh!  I miss the snow.  Instead, we were under Tonardo watch all day.  Finally expired just a little while ago.  Phew!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
tc said:
I am in south Louisiana. This is big time for us. There have been several crashes due to the snow. These Cajuns don't know how to drive in sneaux.
We have the same issue where I live, except with rain

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It is snowing today.  I live in western South Dakota and grew up in western Nebraska.  I know all about snow. . .!  I know about being snowed-in until the snowplow cleans the roads -- we're talking live 5 days to a week at times.  Haystacks made great hills for sledding -- you would walk up one side of the 10' stack and slide down the other!  Winter is a beautiful season.  Glad y'all are enjoying the snow.  

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Poured Buckets here today and more to come tomorrow with flooding...Thank goodness it wasn't snow...we'd be in over our rooftops!!!

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
We've been building arks here today. . . . .

Ann
(not fun driving in twilight, while it's raining, with dilated eyes.  No I did NOT answer the cell phone when it rang.)

(But the lights all looked really pretty!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts