Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, around Christmas time, my family and I ordered six (yes six) snuggies. We've been anxiously awaiting the chance be warm AND have free hands. However, due to a tragic credit card mishap, our order was never processed, and now we have to wait another 2 to 6 weeks.

I especially look forward to reading my Kindle in my Snuggie, and was wondering if anybody else has one of these, and what their reactions were towards it. Or if I'm just a sucker for snuggies. (I even upgraded to the Deluxe version...50 percent more fleece and a pocket!)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Kimblee said:
So, around Christmas time, my family and I ordered six (yes six) snuggies. We've been anxiously awaiting the chance be warm AND have free hands. However, due to a tragic credit card mishap, our order was never processed, and now we have to wait another 2 to 6 weeks.

I especially look forward to reading my Kindle in my Snuggie, and was wondering if anybody else has one of these, and what their reactions were towards it. Or if I'm just a sucker for snuggies. (I even upgraded to the Deluxe version...50 percent more fleece and a pocket!)
My sweet mother in law ordered me one before christmas but because they are as rare as kindles (2-3 month waiting list!) I haven't gotten mine yet. Supposedly it shipped and wil be here monday but we shall see.

I am cold natured plus my dog tends to try to steal my throw when i have it on my legs so a Snuggie will be perfect!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
That looks like it would be a good sewing project for Eric who just bought a sewing machine and wants to learn to sew. No zipper, a few seams? I think it would be cinch to make.

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I have a snuggie - the book light is worthless!  The snuggie is a big square of fleece with two holes cut for arms, probably cost 50 cents to make, if that much!  BUT that being said it is nice and warm, even here in Mexico.  We do have coolish evenings, no heating.  I leave mine on the sofa and the dogs have taken it over.  One or the other is always snuggled up on it LOL  I ordered mine in October and did not get it until Dec, and it is made in China (of course).  They are very long so you have to be careful about walking around in one.  I do read with it tho.  ;D

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I got one last month from the fat guy. I agree the booklight isn't worth much. It's adequate for looking for something on the nightstand but doesn't provide enough lighted area to read the Kindle screen without regularly repositioning it. The cover is great though for keeping you warm and not getting cold arms but it does tend to fall off your shoulders with very much movement.

·
Registered
208 Posts
bed bath and beyond also carries them.  they have two types.  The blue one with the worthless book light and a more of a redish/crimson minky type that has buttons on the sleeves to shorten them similar to the rolled up shirts.

the blue one with booklight is 14.99 and the crimson one is 19.99.

I saw the blue one in two of their stores and the crimson one in only one store

·
Registered
552 Posts
According to Good Morning America this morning, this item has taken off and sold over $5,000.000. worth of snuggies the last few months.

·
Registered
114 Posts
LOL my daughter is all about getting one of those.. I've seen them at Bed Bath and Beyond and Walgreens.. no wait ;)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Marci said:
How is a Snuggie any different from a bathrobe ??? No back?

Just curious. I love my bathrobe...

Marci
That was my feeling about them. I have two fleece robes. One is medium weight and the other is heavier. That is the one I wear in the winter, and I only paid $2.50 for it at a flea market. It keeps me nice and warm while reading or whatever, and I can get up and move around.

The booklight that comes with it is the same one I bought at a book fair. The light doesn't extend all the way down the Kindle page. I ended up getting a new light for Little Gertie.

WalMart has fleece throws for $3-10. They can easily be made into caftans. A couple of simple cuts, maybe four seams, machine-hemmed and velcro-closing.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
And I have these great blankets made from sweatshirt material. One from Rocky Mountain National Park and one each from the camps my children attended. They are warm and I snuggle right up in them. The whole Snuggie thing is sort of lost on me but hey, whatever works for you is fine with me!

L

G

·
When I first saw this commercial I thought if it's so cold she has to impersonate a jawa from Star Wars, why is the kid not in there with her?

Then I thought. "Hey! It's a big bath robe put on backwards that short people can trip over or a fluffy choir robe.

Then I saw the part with the cultist family at the ball game. Tell the truth, if you saw people dressed like that at the game, would you not give them a lot of room?

I already knew the 'reading' light was a POS. There is one similar to it on Amazon that gets really low reviews.

I keep my house at about 70 year round. If I get a chill, I put on my sweats.

I am glad some company is making money off this idea but they aren't for me.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Then I saw the part with the cultist family at the ball game. Tell the truth, if you saw people dressed like that at the game, would you not give them a lot of room?
Oh, God, Vampy, I am laughing so hard that tears are running down my face. The thought of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (aka, family in snuggies) at the Saturday soccer game has me in hysterics.

Thanks for a good laugh!

L

PS...Isn't "Snuggie" the name of a disposable diaper, too?

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
I think the diapers are "Snuggles" but I could be wrong. . .it's been quite some time since my son was in diapers.

Ellen made fun of the "Snuggie" on her show. . . .the other one I've seen is like a bathrobe but instead of just open at the bottom it's closed with two little feet holes.  So I guess you can pull your feet in but stick them out if you have to get up and walk around.  A lot like a baby's one piece romper if you buy them a size or two too large.

Ann

G

·
Thank you thank you my job here is almost done.

This is the other snuggle that I am familiar with. He is also the subject of many funny spoofs.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Okay, now I am picturing a family in their "snuggies" made of dryer sheets at the Saturday soccer game....once again, I wish I had photoshop skills.

Time to take a break, I think, and go do some Kindle reading...LOL

L

G

·
If you had a Snuggle cultist robe, you can wash it and use the Snuggles softener on it when it's in the dryer.  That's Snuggle2!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Vampyre said:
If you had a Snuggle cultist robe, you can wash it and use the Snuggles softener on it when it's in the dryer. That's Snuggle2!
LOL Too funny! I can just picture the Snuggle family. Down here they would think they are a new religion, except they would be too hot to wear.

G

·
It's never too hot for the Snugglists. They are taking over. I bet they even have their own Snuggle Boards somewhere!

This what happens when your order for a Snuggie is delayed or lost.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts