Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that my Createspace paperback version has been discounted on Amazon. I set it at the suggested price originally, and I did think the price was sort of high for my non-famous self, though in line with the price for a book its size at a retailer.

Anyway, Amazon discounted the price from 13.99 to 8.92. I am happier with that price, and it's not like I sell a lot of paperbacks. Ebook sales to paperbacks are greater than 100 to 1 for me. Until the discount, the ebook version was 10.00 cheaper.

I have 2 questions. I know you can't answer these in a specific way, but some generalizations or even [email protected] guesses would be welcome.

1. How does this happen?
2. How does this affect my royalties?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Near as I remember--and you'll want to check the particulars with Createspace--when Amazon does this, they still pay you your regular royalty. It's like when they used to discount big publishers before agency pricing. They discount and take a hit financially for reasons that are their own. But it doesn't affect you.

That was the case when I signed up with Createspace, anyway, but that was in 2009, so it's possible things have changed. Anyone know anything different?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts