Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been really getting into my Kindle now!  ;D The first days all I could do was stare and run around excited, posting here. LOL. But now I'm just so happy to be reading! I have only posted once or twice a day and I thought I would say "I'm still here!" and I'm sure other people are AWOL doing exactly the same!

Don't regret my K2 purchase even for a second, I think this is the best investment I've made since my DVR.   :D

PS: OOPS! Sorry for the double topic. Something froze and clicked twice.  :-[

·
Registered
286 Posts
VMars, I second that!  I have been reading voraciously.  I have read the entire The New Yorker the last two issues, and have been reading books galore.  I have NO regrets whatsoever.  I don't watch TV anymore.  I read when I go to work; I read when I get a break from work; I read when I'm in the train; I read when I get back home; I weight lift for 40 minutes; I read as my post-workout meal; I read before I go to bed; and I read my Kindle even as I sleep.  I can't stop reading!  It's a most pleasant malady.

What's a TV?  I seriously forgot what that is.  Please, don't remind me!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to think of myself as a heavy reader, but I've read more since I got my K2 than I've read all year previously. Finished my first book this morning (GRRM's Game of Thrones) and I've been following like 2 magazines, 3 blogs, and a newspaper every day as well. I'm addicted to booting it up to see if I have anything new to read delivered while it was sleeping.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ditto here!  Work calls, but all I want to do is read on my K2.  I work at home so I am having a very hard time staying focused!  :-\

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
J3ffro said:
Agreed, in the last few days I've chewed through five books. I haven't read this much in years.
That's crazy! I wish I had it in me to read that much.

·
Registered
378 Posts
VMars, I know just how you feel. I had my Kindle for almost a week before I had time to actually sit down and just READ. Now I can't stop reading, and it's fantastic. I used to read all the time, and gradually got out of the habit because I never had my book with me. Tonight I found myself reading while sitting in a really slow drive-thru line, just because I could!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am probably going to downgrade my Netflix and cancel my Audible account.  The Kindle is absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Somehow, I'm at 8+ since Thursday and I'm definitely reading more....but still keeping an eye on this place.  :D

Gotta love the K2!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I've been reading voraciously, and the time definitely fly's. I have to watch my spending though; books add up!

·
Registered
286 Posts
L.Canton said:
I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I've been reading voraciously, and the time definitely fly's. I have to watch my spending though; books add up!
Follow the Abraham Lincoln style of reading. Read a limited number of books, and read it many times. Not only does that expand your knowledge--that depends if you read books that does that kind of thing--but it also molds you into a powerful individual. Maybe not Lincoln-esque in the presidential sense, but Lincoln-esque in the intellectual sense. Sometimes not affording, or not overspending on books can actually serve as a benefit to you, rather than a disadvantage.

I have a plethora of books, and I don't see myself purchasing more books any time soon, so I will resort to both paper books and electronic books. I think a little of both serves well.

Anyway, not to digress, all the best with your new and improved literary life. I think someone, some, or all will end up writing a masterpiece novel, all thanks to the new and improved style of reading. Reading is fun again, but intellectually stimulating as well.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Raiden333 said:
(GRRM's Game of Thrones)
Excellent choice! I can't wait for the new one in the fall. BF refuses to finish reading the series until they're all done... He got burned by Robert Jordan. Heh.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Like everyone else, I am reading up a storm. Trashy books, fun books, historical fiction, nonfiction. I just read the sample of this and then click, I bought it! Now I have it to read as I have my second cup of coffee and get ready to face the day.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Doncha just love it - all these new readers  :D  I had the same reaction when I got my K1 - the only time I am not reading is when I am wasting time here  ;D I'll get up in the middle of the night to read, downloaded all those classics, and am actually reading them WOO HOO

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've always been a fast reader but god help me I am reading a book a day on Phoebe (K1). Granted I'm reading 'light' books like the Dresden Files series but still I'm up to book 7 in a week. :eek:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, one of the really great side benefits of the Kindle (1 & 2) is just how much it promotes reading.  Obviously folks purchase them to read, but for myself I did not anticipate the extent to which it would foster additional reading.  I also find myself reading more genres and branching out beyond SF/Fantasy (which are my primary niches.)

- Walter...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Walter, welcome! I see you're fairly new....glad to have you here and diving into the conversations!

Enjoy, this is a fun and friendly bunch.

L

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, Leslie. 

I've been on a few other boards and was happy to find one that revolved around the Kindle, books, etc.  I used to be a voracious reader years ago, and after a long break have been slowly warming back up to reading as a primary form of entertainment.  Hopefully I can contribute to the forum.

Cheers,
Walter...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
If you are like me....a former voracious reader who has re-become a voracious reader now that the Kindle is in  my life....you'll be a happy camper with your Kindle and fit right in here.

L

1 - 20 of 21 Posts