Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited. I tried 3 times and the 3rd was the charm, to use a cliche. House of Pleasure runs March 1st on Bookbub.

I am posting this to tell people to keep trying and to restate what Bookbub said, there are no concrete things in regard to ratings, reviews, etc. You need a well formatted and proofed book. You need a killer cover. Your sample needs to be compelling. In addition, it all depends on what other books came in at the same time for your categories. So, assuming you meet the first things I mentioned, it can happen even with less reviews, etc. House of Pleasure has only 17 and thriller is a very competitive category. I am so thankful I happened to submit it on a day when maybe not as many with more reviews and stuff came in...and that they liked what they saw.

Bookbub has done wonders for Gastien several times. This should really help me with sales now with two books in more hands.

To those who have also been rejected: Keep trying, never give up...and make sure your blurb, cover, and book are compelling and well proofed!

·
Registered
773 Posts
So. Lie back on the couch and relax. Go back to your childhood, and tell me why you think that this acceptance to---What is it called? Bookbub?---why this is so psychologically important to you? Why it makes you so... thrilled!    ;D

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Peter Spenser said:
So. Lie back on the couch and relax. Go back to your childhood, and tell me why you think that this acceptance to---What is it called? Bookbub?---why this is so psychologically important to you? Why it makes you so... thrilled! ;D
That's easy. It starts a series selling on all platforms, not just AMazon. Which means I start getting closer to making a living. After 3 1/2 years that's pretty thrilling. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Congratulations! I also have a BookBub ad on the 1st of March and it was also 3rd time lucky for me. :) Mine is for Middle Grade, which is probably rather less competitive. Will your book be for free or discounted?

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Fantastic.   

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a perma-free. :) I will certainly share the results here. Thanks for sharing my excitement, everyone.

For Gastien I have done a couple .99 and 3 or 4 free...two of them since perma-free. Both ways made me the same amount of money that first 30 days afterward but the free ones had a much longer tail. Especially once it was perma-free.

I also credit Bookbub for making Nook and I-tunes customers notice me, and somewhat kobo. All 3 are growing and many months now make up about half of my income.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yay, Caddy! That's great news! I have the entire series on my TBR pile. id say good luck, but you don't need it. BOOKBUB + that cover = TakeOff!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vkloss said:
Mine is also free (through Select, not permanently). I'm sure we'll see each other in the free kindle store, hopefully near the top. :)
vkloss, here's to you making it to the very top in your genre! Let's go kick some butt! :)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup. It does. Again, thanks you guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts