Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to post this as everyone can understand my excitement here.  My new kindle (okay its the Klassic version which is exactly what I wanted, new sealed in box) Askavi will be here tomorrow.  I ordered on Monday after all the craziness of the announcement and I cancelled my k2 order.  Was shipped on 2-10 and will be here tomorrow.  I can play all weekend.  New toy.  lol, and yesterday I started my last dtb, so I am all set.  I'm sooooooooooo excited. ;D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
technically no.  i found a wonderful seller on amazon marketplace who bought one for her daughter but it ended up being the second one bought for the same person, so this one is absolutely new in the box.  hehe.  oh and i just got 4 sd cards (2 gig each) to hold all my stuff once I have it tomorrow.  Yeah!!!  I'm so happy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Congratulations! My kindle is to be here today, so I know how anxious you are feeling.

B

·
0 Posts
Amarithmoon said:
My new kindle, Askavi, will be here tomorrow.
Apparently, you bought the Ikea version of the Kindle. Prepare to spend two days assembling it, and it will eternally smell like fish.

·
Registered
115 Posts
NICE! couldn't wait a couple more weeks for a K2? :p but seeing as how i LOVE my k1, you'll love it too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will let you know.  actually didnt want the k2.  lacking sd card and replaceable battery.  Plus I love the way the k1 looks (and I don't need another ipod looking gadget lol)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Congrats on the Kindle and you are officially going to become a Kindleholic.  ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Would anyone over here tt me about how these readers feel? I mean, I can check the specs, but is it easy to move around in? Do you feel as if you got enough instructions with it? Do you like the logic of Kindle operations? How do your hands like it?

I had a Rocket reader and loved it, but it's Dead Jim, so am definitely interested in replacing it. If you read tons of books, it's absolutely the device to have. (And I see that you can download stuff thru wireless rather than downloading files onto the cpu... Very  cool.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its going to take all night to "load" up all the stuff I have already set to sync with my kindle.  LOL  Nice thing is that we have an appointment on Sat, so my boys and I can make use of it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
julietw said:
Would anyone over here tt me about how these readers feel? I mean, I can check the specs, but is it easy to move around in? Do you feel as if you got enough instructions with it? Do you like the logic of Kindle operations? How do your hands like it?
My hands and my wrists (mild carpal tunnel) love the Kindle. My eyes love it too. I find that it's easier, more convenient, and more pleasurable to read on a Kindle than it is to read an ordinary book. As for the logic of the system, it seems to be there. Leslie wrote a wonderful F.A.Q. that answers more than the manual (which in true techno-joy fashion I deleted immediately to see if I could figure out the device on my own) if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congrats.  I am starting the waiting.  I will be an adopter of a muched loved K1, thanks Linda.  I have been lurking here for quite some time and reading the posts and everyone here seems so nice.  I currently have a sony 505 that I recently purchased that I really like, but my daughter also wants a reader and I wanted a Kindle also.  I had a hard time making up my mind when I bought my sony and chose it because it was readily available without the wait.  This is the best of both worlds, now I have both, and my daughter and I can share them.  I have already found that I love not carrying books around, it is so much nicer to just carry the reader.  Now when I go on my cruise this summer I don't have to pack several books, just the kindle!! 

Dot

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
julietw said:
We can only speak to the original Kindle, of course, but I found it extremely easy to move around in and logical (to me - of course my logic isn't always everyone else's!). You do get good instructions, plus there's a good FAQ area on the Amazon Kindle discussion forum where you can learn the extra little ins & outs. I'd read a lot on the forum & the Amazon support area, plus I'd kinda gone through the PDF version of the Kindle user's guide that I'd downloaded from Amazon before I ever got my Kindle, so I felt pretty comfortable with it right out of the box.
I always read with mine in the cover, it's very comfortable for me that way. Takes a little time to learn to hold it without pushing the paging buttons on either side of the screen, but once you find your own comfortable way to hold it that's less of a problem. I love, love, love my Kindle.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this post but I wanted to say... Julietw... If I'm not mistaken you wrote Mozart's Wife? I'm loving it so far!

Melissa

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
julietw said:

I had a Rocket reader and loved it, but it's Dead Jim, so am definitely interested in replacing it. If you read tons of books, it's absolutely the device to have. (And I see that you can download stuff thru wireless rather than downloading files onto the cpu... Very cool.)
I have only used a Kindle so I cannot compare it to other readers. No one has the K2 so we cannot comment on that.

K1: Very easy to move around in. There is a menu option that takes you to the home page, where all of your books and periodicals are stored. When you open a book it goes to the location you were last at. If you are starting a book, that could be the cover or table of contents. Within a book, navigation is very easy. If you click on the menu button you can navigate to the cover, table of contents, bookmarks, and your notes/clippings page.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts